• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone have issues with K2 Lotta Luvs?

joyce

Diva in Training
I demoed K2 Lotta Luvs last year at Heavenly - late season, so not much in the way of bumps & trees. I really liked them - enough to buy them. I'd been skiing Atomic Sugar Mammas and they were really nimble in the trees, moguls and steeps with snow. They weren't going to be good on Red Dog at Squaw :-)

So, I got the 2009/2010 Lotta Luvs and been skiing at Squaw this year. I'm having alot of problems with short turns through the trees. I see so much love for the Lotta Luvs and wonder if anyone else is having issues.

I'm 5ft, 103lbs and I'm starting to eye my 12 year old's new Rossi S7 skis as I watch him effortlessly turn, float through the powder...I used to be able to do the same with my Atomics :-(

I also had the issue with having to tighten my boot way down in the Lotta Luvs.

Any advice is welcome!

Could easily be skier-user error, too :smile:

B

B.E.G.

What length are your Lottas? Perhaps you're skiing them too long for quick turns through trees and bumps?

joyce

Diva in Training
Thanks for your reply. I'm on 149 Lotta Luvs. My Sugar Mammas are 150s and were great in trees & bumps but not good on steep groomed. Knowing I was going to Squaw, which has less trees and you'll encounter more steep groomed, checked out the Lotta Luvs. Good length for my size. Just feeling it really hard to do quick turns with the Lotta Luvs. They seem to be better for steep, hard-packed - they rocked on icy Red Dog, groomed Granite runs & Siberia face. But, I had a hard time turning them in the moguls on Granite & KT, as well as Shirley & Solitude trees. Maybe I'm just not hitting the sweet spot. I've just seen so many women love 'em. I've skied them about 20 days so far this season in a good variety of conditions. They were good in powder this last week but tight turns in powder & trees were hard.
Thanks for your help!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I switched from my old One Luvs to the Lotta Luvs, I also got them longer - the One Luvs were I think 156 vs. the Lottas in 163. I don't know if the situation is really comparable, as I had definitely outgrown my One Luvs; they were just too floppy for me. Anyway, I remember finding the Lottas to be harder to turn in the bumps, but that could have been the difference in length. On the other hand, I actually found them to be better in the trees (with soft snow) than my old skis. They turned more responsively.

I'm chiming in since I was one of the Lotta lovers, but I haven't skied the Lottas since November; I hope someone else can also offer input.

joyce

Diva in Training
Thanks, I'm really appreciating all the input. I can't imagine going longer in the Lotta Luvs if I can barely scoot throught the trees in 149s following my son in his 150s. Ok, so I have to confess, I had to resort to much more of a wider stance in Lotta Luvs in the trees...Sugar Mamma's turned quicker and easier. But I feel like I'm missing something...so many great reviews on Lotta Luvs turning quickly, great in trees, moguls, powder & crud. They are great in crud and hard packed but am I just missing how to control them in tight trees & moguls?

zoomchick

Certified Ski Diva
Joyce
I have the '10 Lotta Luvs in 156 and I'm 5'3 115lb. It seems you are on the correct length... How are your boots. You will read here that on these skis, you really must crank the boots tight to get the skis to respond how you want.
I love them in the trees-they turn on a dime but I am pretty aggressive on them.
I actually love them on everything...except deep powder.

Good luck finding the magic these skis have!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I love my '11 Lottas but I have to stay on top of them. Make sure your weight is forward over the tips of the skis. Maybe you have to modify your stance a little bit.

Unlike others on here, I've had no issues with my boots and these skis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga