• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone get an end of season deal ('11)?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I've done okay. :becky:
More of a mid-season deal than end, but Descente/DNA pants for $58.
TNF Freedom pants, $65.
The kicker deal: skis for DH, $90 - :yahoo:
Score!
They arrive Monday.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just snagged a new beacon, end-of-season deal. Hope to use it this spring.

merrydog

Angel Diva
I just picked up a pair of 2003 K2 Phat Luvs with AT bindings for $125! They are in fabulous shape with a fresh tune. Now I just needs some skins and then I'll be able to march up the slopes at Breckenridge.:yahoo:

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got Head Super Shape iTitan with bindings at half price. after some deliberations I decided that I did need a carver after all. And it has a 77mm waist so should be fairly versatile. I finally sold my Scott Maya - could't figure out when I would use them as they are too light and too soft for piste-skiing, and not wide enough for off-piste, so I end up with 3 pairs of skis again - Heads for groomers and ice, JJ's for powder and Auras for everything in-between:smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Whoa! Good one!

What are they?

Oops, didn’t see your reply - sorry. :redface:
Getting distracted with big house projects.

Possibly The Last pair of Dynastar Excl Legend Powders on the net (new)? 178.
DH has been skiing these for 2 years in a shorter length, loves them, but had been recently on some 177 Auras - decided he does like more length if not necessarily this particular ski. (Sorry-) So this lone pair of Dyna ELP’s shows up on backcountry for 89.40. Picked up the requisite bindings at evo for 110, so the whole set is under 200.

The Auras presented us with something of a challenge on May 1: heel binding screws completely stripped out on one ski, and the ski went runaway! Friend (male) was on them at the time. Ski was thankfully stopped and retrieved (but, man, did it GO), skier behind us picked up the binding - and our friend is a good enough skier that he managed to get to the bottom (already closer to base>green) on one ski.

I thought back to some of the Aura threads where binding mount screws dimpled the base, and that these require shorter screws to prevent that. Well..caveat...Not sure what all transpired, but our friend, a strong skier but certainly not heavy at 160#, was sure taken by surprise.

sdskiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really really wanted a pair of super fat skis as I was at Lake Tahoe with pow up to my knees and finally saw the light - powder skiing is now my new love - although I will always have a soft spot for bumps. My friends are total fans of the Moment brand and I can understand but I did some looking around and read Shannon's review of the Line Pandora and decided those were the ones. Light, lively, early rise, early taper. I wanted to demo first despite the good deals on the internet. So I went to Colorado Ski & Sports (Denver) and they had just one pair left. Didn't want to wait for their huge blow out sale before next season as they might get snatched up before I got there. So when I went in and told them that I had seen them on the internet for $518 (they were asking $540; originally $800). Since I was talking to one of the managers, he said he would match the price. Yeah! I bought them that day. Will work on bindings at the blow out sales around Labor Day. The great thing about Colorado Ski & Sports is that they have a performance guarantee - you can bring them back after 5 days of skiing and get full store credit.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The great thing about Colorado Ski & Sports is that they have a performance guarantee - you can bring them back after 5 days of skiing and get full store credit.

That's a terrific guarantee! Love it!

Congrats on the new skis. It'd be great if you could post a review, once you've skied them.

sdskiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will definitely post a review - just wish it could be sooner than next season - the Pandoras will have to wait until then. However, Arapahoe Basin here in Colorado is predicting they expect to be open in June as we have gotten some killer storms this month.

skatha

Certified Ski Diva
REI slut here, too

I got a pair of Salomon Idol GTs (hubby lost my boots in Utah) with my dividend this year....to go with the Dynastar Legends I got with my dividend last year.

I also scored my entire XC package with my dividend the year before (Atomic Aleas, Salomon pilot bindings, Salomon boots, poles)

BTW, I purchased the Dalbello Storms after I lost my boots. Beware, Dalbellos run big so keep your receipt if you are not familiar with their sizing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga