• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any snowbladers out there?

Roe

Certified Ski Diva
The majority of my time on the mountain I spend snowblading. I also snowboard and dabble in telemark skiing. Are there any other divas who snowblade - or ride big foot? Just curious.

Delawhere

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never tried snowblading but, as an avid inline skater, I have always thought that they looked fun. How does it compare to regular skiing? It looks like it would be easy to tip backwards and land on your tush, is this a problem? How does their speed compare to regular skis?

Roe

Certified Ski Diva
Snow Blades

I've never tried snowblading
Hi, as an avid in-line skater I think that you would like snow blades.
Yes you can go very FAST on them, and if you are weighted properly they are very stable at high rates of speed. You ride them like long skis on hard packed groomers, you can even use poles (I do not, but I have friends who do). The differences between blades and skis are when you are on soft snow you need to lean back, and you need to look directly in front of you, so that you can anticipate changes in the snow conditions. If you are leaning back on hard packed or icy surfaces you will probably fall back on your tush, if you are leaning forward on soft snow, you will fall forward over the tips (once you figure this out snow blades are way fun). The coolest things about them are.....they are really FUN in the bumps and when you are out west, you can find good snow, no matter what the conditions are, becasue they rock in really steep, tight trees and chutes. Oh yeah, when you are blessed with lots of powder you really need to stay on the steeps......if not your blades turn into snow shoes, but there is nothing that beats floating down an extremely steep chute or through tight trees. It's like each run brings with a new adventure and the best part is because of the places you can ride them you can normally ski really awesome powder on the nonpowder days. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Enjoy the day and I hope that you get to go on a really cool skate!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga