• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Another one bites the dust

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ya know---I've been watching the tourists on the mountain this Prez week. And I do think that it's not the ski/board style, it's the lack of the sense of time/space orientation of some off the folks. The random turns, the placement on a catwalk that obstructs all others from getting through----it's this oblivous sense of skiing or boarding that frustrates me. You go right, they go right, you try left, they go left. They go four abreast on a cat track, SLOW, making it impossible to get around them. Some folks just do not have their radar on.

Or, they are going fast and out of control and plow into anything in the way. Sorry MSL was a victim of these HORRID and self centered sliders. No regard for others around them.

Jilly

Staff member
Saw a few of these this weekend at Tremblant too. Too many people, not enough space. But MSL - good luck with the doc and hopefully its nothing serious! Chocolate always works!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
or if not dh, then the ski diva pool boy.
Ski diva pool boy.....:rolleyes:...ummm, I AM the ski diva pool boy - er, girl. So that's out. And the pool's under 4 feet of snow. Great thing to have in Maine, a pool. Anyone want it? Free. You haul. (in-ground) :becky: I would, however, consider the UPS man....

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Be really careful when you bend and snap :D
Am I having deja vu here? This just came up the other day :smile: in discussion about getting stuff online. No point in my reviewing the CW-X compression tights (which I wore today). I can live without all references to "snap" at the moment. Yikes, this hurts...

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wait! We need to send you a Ski Diva bell, so you can ring it for dh to bring you some chocolate! :laugh:

Love this idea.
Bummer about your collision MSL.
:(

On a good note, you may get a really cute PT guy.
I went to the ortho for my shoulder, was forewarned that he was cute, but.........he's HOT!!!!
Can't hurt for the good ortho to be a hottie, now can it?:clap:

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh geeeeez. this is just awful Makes me anxious about Loaf tomorrow. Thankfully it should be very empty, but uggg! Getting hit by someone else is my biggest fear (driving and skiing).

DH and I will manage at loaf tomorrow. He may be tempted to demo so not all is lost. Sad that we wont' meet at this time, but it will happen eventually I'm sure. Just get healthy. All positive vibes that you get the best possible news from the doctor!

IcyBum

Certified Ski Diva
So very sorry to hear about what sounds like a really painful injury - to both knees? Oh no!!

It is so unfair, isn't it, when it just isn't your fault at all?! And it is tough when the accident happens so fast...the disbelief takes so long to get over. But you will be back out there and you will have many, many more bluebird days doing what so obviously makes you fly high. :ski3:

Best wishes and look forward to reading that the ortho was a hottie and the injuries are not too, too serious.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You guys are great. :smile:
Based on the location of the swelling, I'm guessing LCL right now - man, it feels weird - almost as if my lower leg is strangely disconnected (not a good sign). And who knows what I did to the left leg, but having both out of service is truly an inconvenience (remembering the story about sibhusky's - I believe it was her? - 2 broken wrists! :eek: )

Oooh, be careful with this, if you are saying that you have numbness below the injury, pins and needles in your feet etc. You need to go to the emrg. room dear. This happened to me and they feared blood clots, had to stay in the hospital until the swelling went down. Be careful.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Didn't go to ski patrol, didn't yell at the perpetrator, just went home.

Two legs...that's terrible. White hot chocolate thoughts are being sent in your direction.

Did the perp at least stop and try to help? I hear so many horror stories where the person that hits doesn't even stop.

Here's to hoping it isn't as bad as it feels right now.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I think I'm really in trouble here

I know I'm in the "acute" phase right now, but jeez, this totally sucks. Esp considering my somewhat advanced age (I try not to act it, but it's my reality...). Both orthos at the regional center are female - sorry to disappoint---however, one covers all the Sugarloaf injuries, knows her stuff for sure, and the other is brand new last fall - a Native American.

Hope hope hope they can see me today, this is not good at ALL. We'll see if I pass or fail Lachman test. If I fail, I call "The Big Guns" who fixed both my son's ACL's. Said big guns have a brilliant website, www.orthoassociates.com - tons of great knee info, including all surgical options, etc. Not around the corner but worth the trip. Will probably let them handle what is likely to be the prescribed MRI as well.

At this juncture, I have little doubt that my season is finito, and so it goes. Can't even say I did this skiing, as I was completely standing still.

If I get told to stay off the stairs (this sounds likely and logical as well), my computer will be moving to the first floor with me so I can at least stay in touch (and have something to do!!).

No pins and needles, just a whole lotta pain, lots of right knee instability, almost as if the proverbial cards are on the table.....

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Be really careful when you bend and snap :D

:(

On a good note, you may get a really cute PT guy.
Can't hurt for the good ortho to be a hottie, now can it?:clap:

Maybe the Bennnnnd and snap can be good for PT? :eyebrows:

On another note:
Best online tracking results words: "On FedEx truck for delivery." My compression tights will get put into service tomorrow! Review pending. Retromaven, one more day or so for you. Monday, I hope.
1- How did the compression tights work out?
2- Puleeeeze tell me you didn't have to cut them off!!!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
1- How did the compression tights work out?
2- Puleeeeze tell me you didn't have to cut them off!!!!
1. They fit. Beyond that, I didn't give them enough of a test, after only 4 runs.
2. No cuts. In fact, I skied to the base (about 2000 vertical), didn't make a big scene and/or deal out of any of it. It was such a dumba** fall. Standing still! Knew I had a left leg injury, as turning right was wayyy painful. Thought right knee wasn't too bad, functioned, didn't feel absurdly unstable. The instability kicked in a few hours later, feels, well, not like any knee tweak I've ever had before. Did I mention that yesterday was the 2 year date that my son blew out his first ACL(also the right one)? He called to mention this. I had some bad news of my own.

Marigee

Angel Diva
So sorry for you MSL. I hope your injury isn't as bad as you fear and that you get back on the slopes soon. Crowded slopes are scary. :fear:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Crowded slopes are scary. :fear:

Yeah. I feel really bad because (and I don't know if the other skier -- woman in green -- realizes this) I came wicked close to causing a spill at high speed yesterday. As much as we skiers dislike high speed lifts, I do think they do a good job of managing the crowds...

Hope the swelling has decreased for your, MSL. You being able to ski down is a decent sign, so maybe it's more of a ligament sprain rather than full on rupture.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ohhh....nothing's more frustrating than injuries that aren't even your fault! Grrr. It makes me mad.

Hoping for the best! Keep us updated.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG, how awful! MSL, you're in my thoughts and prayers--I hope it's nothing serious, and all you need is some time off and TLC to get better. :hug:

Anxiously awaiting the Dx from the doc...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga