• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Another gear question-- for tele folks

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone?

I bought boots and bindings last season, the price wasn't horrible. Both were on sale, boots probably because Garmont doesn't make them any more and Freeride bindings because Rottefella has the new Freedoms. Now I have one set of bindings and five pairs of skis.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
DH has gone NTN, and I'm just glad he gets pro deals on it. The new style binding doesn't mesh well with the older ones so he's had to get new bindings with his new skis this year. His older ones (first generation ) don't match with this years assembly, so the plate/transfer set up doesn't work. Sometimes I think it's a racket to separate skiers from their money.

Last edited:

altagirl

Staff member
DH has gone NTN, and I'm just glad he gets pro deals on it. The new style binding doesn't mesh well with the older ones so he's had to get new bindings with his new skis this year. His older ones (first generation ) don't match with this years assembly, so the plate/transfer set up doesn't work. Sometimes I think it's a racket to separate skiers from their money.

Oh geez.

My biggest fear is finding another set of boots that would actually fit my feet without a ton of customization. I don't even want to think about going through that process again.

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Lots of good info on this thread. I sorta *dropped out* due to sick kids and the fact that the ankle I re-sprained in Feb is still bugging me and I think I need to go to the ortho. It depresses me, and I am avoiding thinking about the fact that there might be a possible missed running/hiking or ski season in my future. Gulp.

That said, if I am wrong, what would you experts consider a more "active" binding of the options out there.

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As for active bindings, I think anything from 22 Designs (Axl, Vice, Bombshell) are pretty darn active. They are also adjustable, so you can dial them in to your preference.

So are Black Diamond O1 and O2s. You can buy different cartridges based on your preference.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga