• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Am I going to regret these on sale DPS Pagoda RP 112?

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Sorry about the damaged goods @Porcupine I’m not sure storage would cause that but no sense in trying to figure that out… have you returned it?…

agreed with others about DPS. I’m 5’4” 125 lbs and I ski the DPS Zelda 106 Alchemist in 158 (older version, 2018 maybe, pre-pagoda) and they’re pretty much perfect in powder conditions. My spouse got the pagoda after the wailer alchemist and he is a fan. They’re a traditional ski and a great one at that … hope you find something!

Porcupine

Certified Ski Diva
Sorry about the damaged goods @Porcupine I’m not sure storage would cause that but no sense in trying to figure that out… have you returned it?…

agreed with others about DPS. I’m 5’4” 125 lbs and I ski the DPS Zelda 106 Alchemist in 158 (older version, 2018 maybe, pre-pagoda) and they’re pretty much perfect in powder conditions. My spouse got the pagoda after the wailer alchemist and he is a fan. They’re a traditional ski and a great one at that … hope you find something!

Oh yeah, it's total speculation on my part on how it came to be this way. It's all packed up and will be returned today.

I've begun the search "anew" somewhat. It's tough without being able to reserve demo skis in advance (I called Alta and they don't let me reserve ahead of time) since to test powder skis I need to 1) have powder 2) be able to go up 3) specific demo skis being available

I'm looking in the 100 ish range now. For better or worse I've stuck with the secret 92's for many days to force myself to focus on being a better skier and not just blame the tools. Many situations I was able to improve/improvise - but I'd really rather to floating on top of the cloud of fluff instead of fighting my way through haha :smile: First, first, first world problem for sure :smile:

Currently have the following on my "to try" list. Feel free to toss more on top of the pile.
- Carbon Kaizen 100, 153
- Icelantic Nia Pro 105, 162 (too long?! or rocker makes it short so its ok?)

To investigate more
- Sheeva 10, 156
- Mindbender 106c, 155 (my boot fitter says they think online reviews are more favorable than it should be)
- Blaze 106w, 158

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Oh yeah, it's total speculation on my part on how it came to be this way. It's all packed up and will be returned today.

I've begun the search "anew" somewhat. It's tough without being able to reserve demo skis in advance (I called Alta and they don't let me reserve ahead of time) since to test powder skis I need to 1) have powder 2) be able to go up 3) specific demo skis being available

I'm looking in the 100 ish range now. For better or worse I've stuck with the secret 92's for many days to force myself to focus on being a better skier and not just blame the tools. Many situations I was able to improve/improvise - but I'd really rather to floating on top of the cloud of fluff instead of fighting my way through haha :smile: First, first, first world problem for sure :smile:

Currently have the following on my "to try" list. Feel free to toss more on top of the pile.
- Carbon Kaizen 100, 153
- Icelantic Nia Pro 105, 162 (too long?! or rocker makes it short so its ok?)

To investigate more
- Sheeva 10, 156
- Mindbender 106c, 155 (my boot fitter says they think online reviews are more favorable than it should be)
- Blaze 106w, 158
I would add Elan Ripsticks, Rossi Soul 7, Nordica Santa Ana (the ski has been undergoing some changes, so this is a little unsure to say), perhaps Fischer ranger (last I checked this had rocket). I agree with Mindbender and Blaze and I don’t know the others so I can’t say. I’ve heard the black crows are good. There might be additional skis from the backcountry world (I mention this bc you discuss DPS, but I realize DPS crosses over to resort). For sizing to determine contact point of the shovel for effective edge, talk to the salesperson, mention your height weight and skier type and they will help you if they’re knowledgeable about the skis they sell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga