• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Am I crazy or are all of the skis this year just gorgeous?!?

Ski Around Sue

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just looking at an email from EVO and was blown away by how great all of the skis look. I know - the way they look isn't nearly as important as how they ski - but, boy were they pretty to look at!

SkiRunYoga

Certified Ski Diva
I agree, the skis are looking quite good! I'm a sucker for pinks/purples, so I am definitely in luck this year! It's too bad when a good ski has a bad graphic, because I have a hard time justifying paying that much for a ski when I don't like looking at it.... That's what steered me away from the Rossi's last year :noidea:

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm torn on how to answer this one.

On the one hand, I can't very well comment on how pretty a pair of skis is without bemoaning all the manufacturers who belittle women by dressing up inferior skis in pretty packaging and thinking that they'll fool us. It's perpetuating a very bad stereotype, and I don't want to have any part in that.

...But, having said all that, I agree, they really ARE pretty!

(The skis I just bought, last year's Salomon Opals, are kind of ugly IMHO. But I liked how they ski. So I guess I didn't fall into the trap.)

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
heh -- yeah, mostly they are!

I'm in the same situation as Segacs with an ugly last year's model - armada ARVw - that I love skiing on. This year, the ARVw and two of their other women's skis are lovely, then they put a dead unicorn head on their new TSTw and we won't even discuss the graphic on the new VJJ!

Can't say they "pink and pretty" their women's skis at Armada!

ScottishSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
heh -- yeah, mostly they are!

I'm in the same situation as Segacs with an ugly last year's model - armada ARVw - that I love skiing on. This year, the ARVw and two of their other women's skis are lovely, then they put a dead unicorn head on their new TSTw and we won't even discuss the graphic on the new VJJ!

Can't say they "pink and pretty" their women's skis at Armada!

Geez - those VJJs are vile, and the TSTw is simply freaky! Like the ARVw though - espeically the ET graphic!

Christina28

Diva in Training
This thread just described how I feel every time I see a new pair of skis! Even the ugly ones are pretty... they're all skis :smile:

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree, the skis are looking quite good! I'm a sucker for pinks/purples, so I am definitely in luck this year! It's too bad when a good ski has a bad graphic, because I have a hard time justifying paying that much for a ski when I don't like looking at it.... That's what steered me away from the Rossi's last year :noidea:

Was it the Rossi s7 womens you didn't like? I bought the S110W's from the year before and when the S7 women's came out I bought them too becaus I loved the graphic so much. I'm a huge fan of Caia Koopman though and can't wait to see next years S7 womens :smile:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finally saw some of the new skis in person while waiting for the boot fitter to do his thang yesterday and the one I really noticed was the Armada VJJ, which is perhaps even uglier in person than it was online! I just can't believe how nasty the Armada topsheets are.

Nothing else (of the Rossis, Salomon, Volkl and Blizzards that were out) popped for me (visually, of course) except the Black Pearls, but I already knew I love the way they look. After a couple more days on my current skis I'm going to demo because I keep hearing how fantastic they are for so many of you!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't understand the look of the Black Pearl till I saw them next to another ski from their "Free Mountain" series. Now I get it. I really like the blue (going purely by graphic design, not looking at the stats at all).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga