• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Alta, March 11-13

teppaz

Angel Diva
Just back from three days of heavenly skiing in Alta. Other than about an hour with zero visibility on Saturday, we had a great time -- especially since that zero-visibility thing also meant fresh snow. Oh I know, a few inches are nothing to Utahns but for us visiting East Coasters, it was bliss.

Highlights? Easy: SO's first blues ever + her first entire day without falling (woo-hoo!) and my off-piste expeditions with our local friend. He first skied Alta in 1959 so he knows the mountain very well, and he took me down gulleys where we found untouched powder stashes.

High point definitely was going down tree chutes off the White Squaw area. I hadn't really done this type of terrain before, or at least not in that combo of steep and bumpy, so I was awed by what was in front of me (or rather below me). But slow and steady got me down fairly easily, and wow, it was completely exhilarating!

And then of course I fell on a flat bit.

It was well worth going straight to work after coming back to NYC on the red eye.

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did I ride the lift (Sugarloaf) with you on Saturday? Were you on Volkl Aura rentals?

teppaz

Angel Diva
I was on Sugarloaf a few times on Saturday but I had K2s, not Volkls. Also I have a French accent :smile:

teppaz

Angel Diva
And now with pictures

Going down off the White Squaw area:
IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2725.JPG

I claim the wider, unsteady tracks on the right!
IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2706.JPG

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks lovely! Thanks for sharing. Hoping for decent conditions when I go back in a few weeks.

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was on Sugarloaf a few times on Saturday but I had K2s, not Volkls. Also I have a French accent :smile:

Ah, must not have been you. But I rode up with a gal from Brooklyn on Saturday! No accent though.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to my favorite place on earth!

teppaz

Angel Diva
Hoping for decent conditions when I go back in a few weeks.

Should be totally fine. My local friend told me he routinely skis until Alta closes in mid-April, then he goes to Snowbird and skis there until May at least.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I'd gone down steeper trails but not ones that were as narrow. It was definitely a test of my abilities!

teppaz

Angel Diva
Yeah it was great. I've been to quite a few resorts but I've completely fallen in love with Alta. We're already putting money away to go back in 2012, hopefully a couple of times!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, that steep tree run looks super fun!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga