• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: All-inclusive lodging options

Tennessee

Angel Diva
I was wondering if any other ski areas, besides Alta, might have an all inclusive ski in / ski out lodging option. It is so convenient to have your meals prepared for you so there is no planning shopping cooking component to a ski trip! I would settle for a ski in / ski out lodge that just served a very nice hot breakfast! As I get older I am looking for the easy route for a ski trip with friends :thumbsup: I figured this is just the group to ask. Thanks in advance for any and all options you can think of!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Would a B&B somewhere that has good public transportation to the lifts work? I'm thinking perhaps that exists for a resort like Steamboat.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I heard that Breckenridge has British run chalets. I've never stayed in one in the US but have at Chamonix two years in a row and at Tignes, France another time...

Tennessee

Angel Diva
If anyone knows of anywhere in Breckinridge that does all inclusive lodging please let me know. That would work for us but I have been googling and have not found anything…

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It looks like the search term to use is "catered chalet." In my quick look I didn't see any with pricing easily available. I'm guessing here in the US it will be more along the lines of luxury accommodation than the standard homey British ski chalet digs.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It looks like the search term to use is "catered chalet." In my quick look I didn't see any with pricing easily available. I'm guessing here in the US it will be more along the lines of luxury accommodation than the standard homey British ski chalet digs.
Not sure if Breckenridge still has catered chalets, but my British friend said her niece worked for a few years in a catered chalet at Breckenridge. And no, they are not fancy.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Thanks everyone. @Rainbow Jenny I will check all that out… and please stay safe at Alpine tomorrow if you can get there. I have been following this Tahoe storm and all the chatter on SkiTalk. Wish I was there for all the excitement! But like some one said “this storm is no joke”. Enjoy! Love the Sierra ❤️

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, I’m a full-time Tahoe resident for several years now, even got to shovel 3-4 feet of snow today. Indeed it’s a big one.

Alpine is my home mountain where I work.
-got my avy pack ready, practice at least annually on how to use it
-spoke extensively with a friend who lives at Alpine with 12 feet of snow in his backyard for beta
-know our local history of avalanches and all the winter search and rescue missions for the past several years
-know all my partners tomorrow very well (except one newcomer who has been vetted and vouched by another skier I know well)
-studied the Sierra Avalanche Center report and will again tomorrow
-will speak to a ski patroller colleague tomorrow

And after all that, I may just show up and socialize in the day lodge for a couple of hours, then come home to enjoy the woods at the end of my street in my touring skis on rolling terrain. I’ll easily get my 100 days this season, don’t have FOMO.

ChollaKicker

Diva in Training
Thanks, I’m a full-time Tahoe resident for several years now, even got to shovel 3-4 feet of snow today. Indeed it’s a big one.

Alpine is my home mountain where I work.
-got my avy pack ready, practice at least annually on how to use it
-spoke extensively with a friend who lives at Alpine with 12 feet of snow in his backyard for beta
-know our local history of avalanches and all the winter search and rescue missions for the past several years
-know all my partners tomorrow very well (except one newcomer who has been vetted and vouched by another skier I know well)
-studied the Sierra Avalanche Center report and will again tomorrow
-will speak to a ski patroller colleague tomorrow

And after all that, I may just show up and socialize in the day lodge for a couple of hours, then come home to enjoy the woods at the end of my street in my touring skis on rolling terrain. I’ll easily get my 100 days this season, don’t have FOMO.
Too right. The winds have been outrageous, pushing the snow into huge drifts. Avalanche conditions are really high up in that country. Stay safe. The hills & the snow aren't going anywhere soon. Talk is many of the resorts are looking at staying open to Memorial Day.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Every place that I’ve gone with breakfast and dinner included has been outside of the US…Europe, Japan, and Chile (Portillo). I will say, I love setting up trips this way. No stress of cooking, or needing to pick restaurants and go out.

I would settle for a ski in / ski out lodge that just served a very nice hot breakfast!
I haven’t been in the winter…but went mountain biking in Park City a while back. The Torchlight Inn had an amazing hot breakfast included in the stay. Not ski-in/out, but a short walk to the lift.

If you’re in Tennessee, I wouldn’t hesitate to look at Europe…it’s often cheaper overall and not that much farther to fly from the east coast.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Every place that I’ve gone with breakfast and dinner included has been outside of the US…Europe, Japan, and Chile (Portillo). I will say, I love setting up trips this way. No stress of cooking, or needing to pick restaurants and go out.
You got that right @elemmac ! It’s such a great way to do a stress free vacation! I really wonder why it’s not done here in the US??? From my research they call it “half board” if breakfast and dinner are included and “full board” if it’s all three meals. Alta lodges have a monopoly on this in the US it seems.

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too right. The winds have been outrageous, pushing the snow into huge drifts. Avalanche conditions are really high up in that country. Stay safe. The hills & the snow aren't going anywhere soon. Talk is many of the resorts are looking at staying open to Memorial Day.
I shoveled and had some more tea this morning, just had a sense that opening Pali would be overly optimistic, then realized I had some obligations I procrastinated on. Pali didn’t open.

It’s starting to snow prodigiously again. Just feel bad for those who are taking a week of vacation to come ski Tahoe and are stranded in Reno instead.

Sorry for the thread drift. Back to ski in ski out all-inclusive lodging.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Hey that’s ok @Rainbow Jenny ! I’m really interested in your storm and have been following religiously on SkiTalk. Sounds very wild and crazy. I would love to see that much snow! I was in Tahoe for a storm like that but it didn’t last for three days!!! :goodluck: And stay safe and enjoy!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wow, never knew Alta had this. It has now rocketed to #1 on my "Skiing that requires a plane" list!
Alta lodging at the end of the canyon is in five independent lodges, of which only one is open year-round. Since there is no place to eat dinner except the lodges, including breakfast and dinner is the tradition.

Very easy to get spoiled staying at a lodge in Alta. I've often said that the only risk for staying at my favorite, Alta Lodge, is wanting to do it again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna