• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

a few more 2013 demo's in queenstown

m185

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never really demoed much before as I've always thought everything was far to long...but this year I felt that I could give it a proper try...yes some were way too long but omg - my husband wishes I never started demoing...as I keep falling in love!

I'm an intermediate skier. 41 years old - in my sixth season on the snow. I'm working on being better on bumps, and getting better about the fear on really steep blacks and double blacks...but my main goal is trying to keep up with my kids & husbands who are all better skiers than I am. My current skis are the Volkl Fuego in a 154cm (same height as me) which is just started using this season and my last pair were Rossignol Attraxions in a 146cm. I also bought the Rossingol Temptation 88's in a 154cm but haven't had a chance to ski them yet.

Conditions - pretty much no off piste available as there isn't much snow and visibility was terrible so I stuck to the trails I knew well and the ones usually used for the races.

Here's what I demoed:

1. Line Soulmate 172cm ish I think - I can't remember the length but it was way too long and I can't comment as I didn't have enough control though my kids thought they looked awesome LOL The ride was sooooo smooth though.

2. Rossignol Temptation 82 in 160cm - I liked them alot...now I really want to try my own skis to see how they compare. I had to work to get them on the edge but they were fun, snappy skis that did what I wanted if I pushed a little.

3. K2 SuperStitious - Oh my!!! If I was skiing mainly hardpack these are the skis I would want to own. They got on their edges easily, carved beautifully...I felt like I was in total control something I have never thought before! I could ski FAST...not something I usually do! I could ski down the icy runs with flare. The grip these beauties had had me drooling...but the ride wasn't as smooth as the the Line skis. But I like control and I like to carve and I think these would be a blast in the bumps! If I could have an endless quiver these would be the skis for icy conditions and the days I wanted to play in the moguls. These really raised my confidence and made me want to ski harder. I think these skis are pretty forgiving as they made up somehow for my lack of technique.

4. Volkl Kenja - 163cm - and I'm lusting after them now...they busted through the crud...they held their edge when I needed them too and they had a lovely smooth ride. I want I want I want... The guy said that they skied more like a 158cm so I should be fine on them...he didn't warn me about falling in love! They just seemed to be a great combo of good to carve with and versatile enough to manage the other terrain I like to ski! Think I may have to put a pair on my wishlist...

My husband:

He took out the Volkl Mantras and Line Prophet 98. He loved the stability of the Mantra and their solid performance. They had great grip and performed with finesse on anything he threw at them. But to his surprise it was the Prophet 98 that had him grinning from ear to ear. He said that they were so much fun that they caught him by surprise.

Sorry that these aren't as technical as most demo's but since I don't really know what I'm doing I thought I'd just share my thoughts!

Mx

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes yes I know, I fell in love with the Kenjas at CP 3weeks ago and bought them. I haven't been back since then but I am on my way up tomorrow as it is snowing at the moment. I would like to try the k2s sometime too but NOT this year. I just can't fall in love with any more skis!!!

Jilly

Staff member
I think you're going to find your temptation's too short. My daily craver is 154 and I have on order the Temptation 88's in 162 (?).

Demoing's fun isn't it!! :ski:

m185

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes yes I know, I fell in love with the Kenjas at CP 3weeks ago and bought them. I haven't been back since then but I am on my way up tomorrow as it is snowing at the moment. I would like to try the k2s sometime too but NOT this year. I just can't fall in love with any more skis!!!
did you make it up? We went late as 90Km winds are not something I enjoy skiing with. I am still lusting after these and the K2s since I'm the worst skier in the family and own the most skis - my kids think I'm nuts LOL We are here for another 2 weeks and I'm hoping for some more snow!

m185

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think you're going to find your temptation's too short. My daily craver is 154 and I have on order the Temptation 88's in 162 (?).

Demoing's fun isn't it!! :ski:

Demoing is way way too fun LOL - I demoed in up to 168cm and considering my old skis are 146cm I think I've come a long way in being confident enough to demo much larger skis (I'm really short as I just clear 5 feet tall lol).

I brought the temptations up to try today - and I struggled but I think it was mainly the conditions and not the skis. The wind kept blowing me around so I felt a lack of control but I think it wouldn't have mattered what skis I was on I wouldn't have been happy. Will give them another go tomorrow and I'm hoping that I will be okay on them. I found them stiffer than what I'm used to and quite unforgiving...but again I think the lack of visibility and the winds dictated that I didn't enjoy the runs as much as I usually would. I think if I buy again (K2 & Volkl Kenja are on my wishlist) I would go with around 162cm...

Hoping to have a better day on the Temptations tomorrow!

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am going up to coronet tomorrow morning. Wednesday. I got as far as the road this afternoon at 2.30 and read the sign about conditions, decided to give it a miss for today. I'll look out for a short women with twin boys

Jilly

Staff member
I demo'd the Temptations in a 154 too. I could just dance on them. Segacs was with me at the time. So I tried a longer pair later and needed that length. Too short is not hard to manage, in fact the opposite until you reach the speed limit. Then they are just plain scary.

The Rossi's shouldn't be any stiffer than your Volkl's. The Attraxion's, they could be if you have one of the older models.

Go try some more, we're way too hot up north and it's nice to see reports and pics!!

mustski

Angel Diva
Thanks for sharing your demo experience. It lets me live vicariously until our season kicks in.

Anna

Angel Diva
:smile: :smile: :smile: I LOVE demoing - and the good thing is that I STILL love my skis more!!!!
i put them back on and they are like slippers - I don't mean soft - I mean comfy and known and they do everything i want :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga