• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

4 days, 4 resorts THIS WKEND in Utah

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was wondering if anyone who has gone to Utah to do a ski trip like the one posted has any suggestions on a good reasonably priced place to stay and whether renting a car is essential or is it possible to use some type of public transport? I'd love to do a trip like this one.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I stayed at the Country Inn in South Jordan (near Sandy). It's a very nice hotel, in a business area. The hotel offered a nice hot breakfast each morning. They had a shuttle to take guests to and from the local shopping and restaurants. As for getting to the ski resorts, we had a regular big bus.

There was a lady on the trip who wasn't a hard-core skier. It seemed a waste of money to me because she skied a couple of hours on one or 2 days. She later explained that she thought this trip would be like her other ski trips to destination resorts, like Vail, Aspen, Park City, or Mammoth. At those places, besides skiing, there was either a village to explore on foot or a shuttle bus to ride round on. The bus we used on this trip was commuter ride. We'd get on the bus at 8am, go ski, and the bus would wait for our return at 4:30pm. There were a few places to check out at each resort, but none of them were complete villages.

So I'd think you'd want a rental car unless you were staying at the resort.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I second that -- and even at the resorts, there isn't that much to do! We stayed in a condo between Alta and Snowbird on our first trip and while it was fun, it was also pretty expensive. Now we stay in the valley. There's plenty of affordably hotels in Sandy, and the commute up to the slopes is fast.

Personally I would go with a rental car as it gives you flexibility. And you'll still have money leftover from the savings you'll make by not staying on the slopes!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I was wondering if anyone who has gone to Utah to do a ski trip like the one posted has any suggestions on a good reasonably priced place to stay and whether renting a car is essential or is it possible to use some type of public transport? I'd love to do a trip like this one.

The La Quinta in Midvale is quite reasonable, Includes hot breakfast, hot tub next to the pool. Can buy the SuperPass at the La Quinta. That is also a bus pass.

If you are on a really tight budget, using the ski bus is okay for a short trip. Say 4 days of skiing. Can get to Alta and Snowbird in LCC or Brighton and Solitudge in BCC by being organized.

Do not need to rent a 4WD. Get a cheap 2WD at the last minute from Hotwire. If can't drive up the canyon, can take the bus.

Best way to save money is to have at least one ski buddy. If can find 3-4 friends, then sharing a small condo or house in SLC can be quite economical. Lots of options on VRBO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna