• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2nd boot, should I get pro machines?

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Attempting to select a boot online since every store in Columbus Ohio is sold out in my size/has limited selection. (Will make sure online has returns). I got the dispatch w lt last year as my first ski boot, 115, a little silly since I hadn’t skied in 15 years to get a 115 but they feel pretty good. I do feel like as their description goes, they excel in backcountry type skiing and not as much downhill or carving. Was set on the promachine 115’s due to highest review of any boot, but just read something saying that the cuff goes a little high which makes it tough for smaller users to lean forward or get in a good stance in. Have you all who’ve tried this boot found this to be true?

I want something that makes precise carving easy and that I can feel confident going fast in as well as breaking. Have a narrow ish foot, am 5’3 and a half 112 lbs. Thanks!

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know it's not what you want to hear, but you really really need to wait to see a certified bootfitter and not just order a pair online. There is so much that goes into bootfitting based on individual anatomy and biomechanics that nobody online can give you any real advice on which boot to get. I am also petitie and wear a small boot (22.5) which can be a harder size to find and the boots at extreme ends of the spectrum (both small and large) are often sadly the first to sell out. With that in mind, you may have more luck/better selection with the bootfitter if you can hold out until the fall when there is better inventory.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know it's not what you want to hear, but you really really need to wait to see a certified bootfitter and not just order a pair online. There is so much that goes into bootfitting based on individual anatomy and biomechanics that nobody online can give you any real advice on which boot to get. I am also petitie and wear a small boot (22.5) which can be a harder size to find and the boots at extreme ends of the spectrum (both small and large) are often sadly the first to sell out. With that in mind, you may have more luck/better selection with the bootfitter if you can hold out until the fall when there is better inventory.
I highly doubt most shops any time of year are going to have that stocked and the money it’s cost to fly to a shop that has it in stock not to mention they’re never going to have the sale price I could buy boots 3x over. I’ve been fitted by boot fitters numerous times, but again never going to pay $300 more to buy boots in store and again they never have the boots I want in stock. I bought the k2’s on a whim without trying in person and they’re amazing

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
Chiming in on this. Boot size (are you looking at 22.5 or the 25.5 ProMachine for example) can affect fit in a given model. Other components of leg length/anatomy make it unrealistic to give feedback on how this might might fit on you.

Sounds like you are ready to make an online purchase. Go for it and see how it fits for yourself. I think any online purchase is going to be a similar calculated risk since you have experience and research weighing in on the decision.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Chiming in on this. Boot size (are you looking at 22.5 or the 25.5 ProMachine for example) can affect fit in a given model. Other components of leg length/anatomy make it unrealistic to give feedback on how this might might fit on you.

Sounds like you are ready to make an online purchase. Go for it and see how it fits for yourself. I think any online purchase is going to be a similar calculated risk since you have experience and research weighing in on the decision.
Yes, with return policy’s being easy for most online buys it seems like minimal risk. Even buying in store after being fitted can be a risk since most stores don’t allow returns after testing out, and it’s hard to tell how a boot performs til on the mountain. I ordered it… fingers crossed. A little bummed that I couldn’t find it in a 23.5, was kind of wanting to try sizing down. I’ve always been told I’m a 24.5, I wear 8.5 in tennis shoes, but seems like having an extra secure fit would be nice. My current 24.5 boots are great but I feel like going even smaller like how climbing shoes fit would give me a little more control downhill

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yes, with return policy’s being easy for most online buys it seems like minimal risk. Even buying in store after being fitted can be a risk since most stores don’t allow returns after testing out, and it’s hard to tell how a boot performs til on the mountain. I ordered it… fingers crossed. A little bummed that I couldn’t find it in a 23.5, was kind of wanting to try sizing down. I’ve always been told I’m a 24.5, I wear 8.5 in tennis shoes, but seems like having an extra secure fit would be nice. My current 24.5 boots are great but I feel like going even smaller like how climbing shoes fit would give me a little more control downhill
If you want a performance fit, you probably would want to size down to a 23.5. I am an 8-8.5 regular shoe size and wear a 23.5. I measure 24.5 length, but that is too big for a truly good fit. However, Some brands do run longer or shorter than others.. but a bootfitter should be able to help work out which size you should be in for a specific boot and wanting a performance and NOT a comfort fit.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you want a performance fit, you probably would want to size down to a 23.5. I am an 8-8.5 regular shoe size and wear a 23.5. I measure 24.5 length, but that is too big for a truly good fit. However, Some brands do run longer or shorter than others.. but a bootfitter should be able to help work out which size you should be in for a specific boot and wanting a performance and NOT a comfort fit.
Yea I think I’ll try sizing down… have you tried any boots that you really like?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yea I think I’ll try sizing down… have you tried any boots that you really like?
I’m currently in the Technica Mach 1 LV Pro W.. it’s the best fit I have had so far. I have difficult to fit feet though.. wide forefoot, but very low volume instep and skinny heel/ankle area. My bootfitter is great, I went to a number of not so great ones before finding him and also a number of boots that didn’t work well for me. A good fitter is worth their weight in gold.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m currently in the Technica Mach 1 LV Pro W.. it’s the best fit I have had so far. I have difficult to fit feet though.. wide forefoot, but very low volume instep and skinny heel/ankle area. My bootfitter is great, I went to a number of not so great ones before finding him and also a number of boots that didn’t work well for me. A good fitter is worth their weight in gold.
Yea I believe it. It seems like those and the promachines tend to have the highest reviews… my biggest dilemma now is whether to wait til there’s a sale or pull the trigger since they only have 23.5 in the new version on any website. Not on sale anywhere. I go on a ski trip in a couple weeks so can’t decide .. they’re $799 new

Verve

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yea I believe it. It seems like those and the promachines tend to have the highest reviews… my biggest dilemma now is whether to wait til there’s a sale or pull the trigger since they only have 23.5 in the new version on any website. Not on sale anywhere. I go on a ski trip in a couple weeks so can’t decide .. they’re $799 new
If you pull the trigger and they don’t work for you, is there any chance you can go to a boot fitter at your destination? I know this sounds crazy but I did it for years with the Sport Loft in SLC when I didn’t have local options. Especially if you can find someone at your resort base from the Bootfitter guide here! I would hope (?) bigger ski destinations would keep larger stock and it’s so great to be able to ski the boot, then go back and provide feedback to the fitter so they can make adjustments. It would be great if your online purchase works seamlessly but as a backup plan.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you pull the trigger and they don’t work for you, is there any chance you can go to a boot fitter at your destination? I know this sounds crazy but I did it for years with the Sport Loft in SLC when I didn’t have local options. Especially if you can find someone at your resort base from the Bootfitter guide here! I would hope (?) bigger ski destinations would keep larger stock and it’s so great to be able to ski the boot, then go back and provide feedback to the fitter so they can make adjustments. It would be great if your online purchase works seamlessly but as a backup plan.
Christy sports has a 365 day return policy and considering they’re 1 of the only 2 sources online to find this size and model I doubt somewhere I’m heading would have it in stock… so def just gotta decide on whether to get it from them now at this price or wait to see if it goes on sale… the previous years model isn’t in a 23.5 on any site I can find. Actually, just found and ordered the 2023 model in my size for $439! Yay

Last edited:

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I was really set on a certain model and size, I was able to talk to my bootfitter and preorder for the following season.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I was really set on a certain model and size, I was able to talk to my bootfitter and preorder for the following season.
That’s nice. If I felt like waiting or wasn’t going on a trip in 2 weeks I would. Thankfully found a 2023 on sale … hoping they workout nice

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you tried Gear West Ski and Sport? They have a pair of 23.5 listed on amazon.

Nedgirl

Certified Ski Diva
Attempting to select a boot online since every store in Columbus Ohio is sold out in my size/has limited selection. (Will make sure online has returns). I got the dispatch w lt last year as my first ski boot, 115, a little silly since I hadn’t skied in 15 years to get a 115 but they feel pretty good. I do feel like as their description goes, they excel in backcountry type skiing and not as much downhill or carving. Was set on the promachine 115’s due to highest review of any boot, but just read something saying that the cuff goes a little high which makes it tough for smaller users to lean forward or get in a good stance in. Have you all who’ve tried this boot found this to be true?

I want something that makes precise carving easy and that I can feel confident going fast in as well as breaking. Have a narrow ish foot, am 5’3 and a half 112 lbs. Thanks!

I have the ProMachines in the 95 flex and I did not have any trouble get enough forward flex on them or finding a good stance. I teach skiing at Winter Park, and used them to pass my Level 2 exam. Just curious at your size, why you want the 115 flex? I'm 5'6", 130 and have found the 95 give me plenty of boot to carve or ski bumps and trees in.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the ProMachines in the 95 flex and I did not have any trouble get enough forward flex on them or finding a good stance. I teach skiing at Winter Park, and used them to pass my Level 2 exam. Just curious at your size, why you want the 115 flex? I'm 5'6", 130 and have found the 95 give me plenty of boot to carve or ski bumps and trees in.
One advantage of the 115 (I think - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) is the quality of the stock liner. I also tried on the men's 110 promachine and it wasn't the same. Personally I think Nordica should provide the option of a lower flex boot with the top spec liner, it struck me as a bit odd that this wasn't a thing.

I know a lot of folks replace the stock liners with intuition or similar but the Promachine 115 liners are the bees knees.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The 115 Nordica pro machine has a taller cuff than many other boots I tried this past year. At least that’s how I felt. it works for me.
I measure 23.5 and almost 24 and I’m in a 22 -it’s a true performance fit.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you tried Gear West Ski and Sport? They have a pair of 23.5 listed on amazon.
Yes I actually was about to order for them and thought I did but apparently it froze and didn’t processthey say no returns so I’m a little hesitant. My right foot is about a size 25, do you think they’ll still fit?

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The 115 Nordica pro machine has a taller cuff than many other boots I tried this past year. At least that’s how I felt. it works for me.
I measure 23.5 and almost 24 and I’m in a 22 -it’s a true performance fit.
Thanks for the info!! In my 24.5’s, my right foot really is smashed in the toe box. A little nervous to size down but think I might be ok??

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One advantage of the 115 (I think - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) is the quality of the stock liner. I also tried on the men's 110 promachine and it wasn't the same. Personally I think Nordica should provide the option of a lower flex boot with the top spec liner, it struck me as a bit odd that this wasn't a thing.

I know a lot of folks replace the stock liners with intuition or similar but the Promachine 115 liners are the bees knees.
Thanks for sharing that!! Yea I always hear that 115 flex shouldn’t be for beginners to intermediate but I’ll learn to grow into boots for quality materialmy 115 k2’s I’m starting to feel confident in and learning how to carve well in/use the flex to my advantage

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga