• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2013 Demos: Atomic, Line & Salomon at Mt Buller, Victoria Australia.

Anna

Angel Diva
Bluebird Day. Icy morning; soft, spring-like & wet in the afternoon. Aug 12, 2012

383879_10150991573543231_261637131_n.jpg

Lunch time @ Kofler's Huette. Looking up towards Summit Run (Where the chair ends - not the true Summit) and then from off the true summit, Fast One, Fanny's Finish, Summit Black etc)

Gear Reviews:
Me: Advanced. NOT expert:smile: 166cm, 165lbs/75kilos.

Once again, only a few there: Line, K2, Atomic, Salomon and LibTech.
All these skis are the 2013 models.
I tried, in demo order:

Salomon Rockette 90 161: Yup - VERY nice - tried them in icy morning conditions and they hold VERY nicely even though they would FLOAT in spring snow!

Line Celebrity 90 158 - couldn't get them off my feet fast enough - think they were way to short and just not my cup of tea. Very disappointed:( Wanted to LOVE them - but different strokes for different folks.

Atomic Elysian 159: VERY NICE!! Liked them MORE that the Rockette. Really lively. Fun ski. Wanted to take them out in the afternoon ... but didn't get there! :(

Atomic Crimson TI 171: My FAV ski of the day - even though it's technically too long for me. This was the ski I repeated (once in the morning and once LATE in the afternoon) SO MUCH FUN - oh and YES, it's FAST too :smile: You can tell it what to do and it does it and then some.
I really would like to see what the 164 feels like :smile: :smile: Oh, I like the way it behaved in the bumps :smile:

Salomon Enduro XT850: 170? I think. I LIKED this a HEAP. Heavier than the Crimson, but lovely and stiff LOTS of metal and you can tell. ♥ GREAT on the icy steep groomers :smile: FAST - this one likes it FAST :smile:

Atomic Cloud D2 75: 157. Nope. Boring. Sorry. Felt like a noodly rental. "Meh"

Atomic Blackeye TI 167. NICE!!! Like the Crimson but softer tip and tail. Nice. Very Nice. I preferred the greater stability of the Crimson. It still cut nicely and likes it faster. This one needed a little more coachig than the Crimson, but i guess, being a little brother, you would expect that .... Winner for those who are more tentative.

Oh, and I didn't touch K2. In the past I have NOT liked them ... on the (v bad) assumption I would once again be wasting my time, I avoided them ... Didn't get to LibTech.

I kept Matt and the team at Salomon Australia V busy ALL day - THANK YOU!!!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love the reviews but it would help if we know your size, ability and what type of terrain you like to ski.

I think you'd have liked a few of those skis a little better in a longer length. Say in the 165-168 cm range.
As you know I have you some suggestions before you went because its good for you to compare for yourself, but I'm not surprised what you liked and didn't like.

Anna

Angel Diva
Bluebird Day. Icy morning; soft, spring-like & wet in the afternoon.

Gear Reviews:
Me: Advanced. NOT expert:smile: 166cm, 165lbs/75kilos.

Plus ... all groomers .. :smile:

It's a pain - they hardly never have the right length - you'd be so frustrated :smile: :smile:

What do I like to ski - well, I don't generally get much of a chance to ski anything but groomers/on piste :(

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Demos tend to be fairly limited over here too, in both range and size. Women's models that are imported here, especially those aimed at off-piste skiing, are often too short for me (and I'm not freakishly tall or anything, and not really hideously obese) so I hardly ever get to demo them, or I demo really short ones and hate them, which isn't surprising.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga