• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

125 days til ski season.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Or four months, 2 days.

I'm figuring November 15.

I am so ready.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, we are up here at Copper right now, and I'm thinking it's only a couple of months until snow! Summer is going way too fast ... kids start school in a month! But it means ski season is coming up, too. (Robyn, I took DS to Dish tonight. We are so ... stuffed ... right ... now ...)

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, what'd he think? He's such a budding foody! So glad you went and enjoyed. :smile:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, what'd he think? He's such a budding foody! So glad you went and enjoyed. :smile:

He loved almost everything, except the vichyssoise and grilled asparagus. Couldn't do the popcorn due to braces. They doubled him up on the ham and manchego since he couldn't have any sherry. lol

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking forward to it. But will probably be mid december for me since I am scheduled for work from mid november.

How I wish I was skiing right now!!!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't forget that Absin & Loveland race to see who can open the WROD first in October! :bounce:

Jilly

Staff member
I haven't heard projected opening date yet for Tremblant, but its around the same time. We'll be up as we can move into the condo usually the 15th of November.

Season passes are paid. I'm going to see about working again this year. Didn't last year as tourist numbers were down. That usually means that the next year, instructors have moved on to other places. Could be different this year with Grey Rocks closed.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tick Tick Tick .......

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Could be 110 for me. My home mt. usually opens for Halloween, just for the day. I'm tempted to go this year - and still make it back for ToT with kiddos. Hope to have new ski boots by then so will be chomping at the bit to try them out. Summer has hardly hit NE, very weird - looking forward to winter alot this year. (haven't even put the A/C units in the windows yet)

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
11 days more than that here since no one ever opens before Thanksgiving.

altagirl

Staff member
Heh, my ski season is more likely to "start" when I can't find people willing to go to Moab with me anymore because they are all skiing. Which, last year, was right around Thanksgiving, I think.

I've done my share of hiking up to ski on the first snowfalls that barely cover the grass... but it seems like an injury waiting to happen with our rocky terrain. And honestly - the timing for the first REAL snowfall where it's good skiing and stays good is so variable - could be October, could be December. You never know.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heh, my ski season is more likely to "start" when I can't find people willing to go to Moab with me anymore because they are all skiing.

I'll be totally available and willing and able to go to Moab this fall - no more school! OMG, I can't wait!

The ski season this year is going to be amazing too - I'll have more time and new Megawatts. So much to look forward to!

Rachel - are you coming out to Utah again this year??

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
...Rachel - are you coming out to Utah again this year??

I'll definitely be out for a week at some point, hopefully more than that. I'm trying to figure out how I can make my 09-10 season as awesome as last year, and unfortunately I think it might be impossible. Suggestions welcome. :smile:

kentish

Certified Ski Diva
I had a little taster last week when my brother and I visited SnowPlanet in Holland (indoor snowslope). My first time on a snowboard! :smile:

2ezqqag.jpg

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Let's see, if the El Nino rumors materialize in October, we may have enough snow for the local hills to open by Thanksgiving. But it's got to be cold enough, which is usually the problem; our summers now run July-October and early snows tend to melt almost as quickly as they fall.

However, Thanksgiving is late this year, so if they open then, I have 129 days to wait. We are definitely heading to Snowbasin on December 18th (start skiing on Dec 20th) so it's 153 days until I'm on Utah powder. But we get to stay through New Year's - a total of thirteen days of skiing! Hope my thighs hold up!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga