• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Tvan

Indy Pass 24/25 on sale soon

Took the plunge and got the Indy for next season. Will renew the Ikon for DH and I when it goes on sale. I’m hoping to make good use of both next year!
  2. Tvan

Do you have a favorite jacket for the warm days?

+1 on Blundstone boots. I have worn mine every day this winter with every outfit including sweater dresses with leggings. Super comfortable and good in snow. They’re the Subaru of boots.
  3. Tvan

Stratton/PICO this weekend?

Stratton was excellent conditions on Wednesday. Hard to predict what the weekend will bring with the predicted warm temps and rain.
  4. Tvan

Okemo Women's Alpine Adventure (WAA)

Thanks for posting about your experience. You confirmed what I’ve heard from others about the changes to the program. The five day was so much fun… like summer camp for women on skis with all the accompanying social activities. I’m glad you had some great instruction and time on snow!
  5. Tvan

Stratton, VT Feb 7th.

I think we’re going to Middlebury Snowbowl tomorrow.
  6. Tvan

Stratton, VT Feb 7th.

Perfect day, perfect conditions. That is all. :)
  7. Tvan

Ski patrol article

Thanks for sharing. Insightful article.
  8. Tvan

So what happened at Killington with those lost skiers?

Right???? I’m trying to imagine a reasonable explanation for that decision.
  9. Tvan

Stand Up Paddle Board

We travelled in New Zealand in 2005 and it remains the most beautiful place I've ever been. We experienced several days of walking tours in Canterbury, based in Stavely, and absolutely loved every second of it. Thank you for sharing the link to the new lodge - new bucket list item!
  10. Tvan

Best small suv for winter driving

This happens to me regularly. I’ve gotten in the habit of using the remote to find which grey Outback is mine amongst the bazillion of them in the grocery store parking lot.mIt seems to be the official car of Vermont.
  11. Tvan

I traded my 2008 Forester for a 2012 Outback because the Forester was noisy on the highway and I was doing a lot of commuting. Performance-wise about the same. I haven’t driven a newer Forester to see what updates may have been made.
  12. Tvan

We’re on Team Subaru … i’ve had a Forester and two Outbacks. DH has had two Legacys - the first of which saved his life in a head on collision. My current Outback is a 2023 Limited with snow tires and it is a mountain goat in the snow.
  13. Tvan

Tremblant or Stowe?

I’ve skied both and I would choose Tremblant. Staying in the village means that you can park once and not move the car all week. There are lots of lodging options, fun restaurants and interesting things to do. The skiing is great - there is something for everyone at every level. I really loved...
  14. Tvan

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

It's been awhile since I read the book, so I might not remember everything, but I am enjoying it, as is DH.
  15. Tvan

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

Is anyone else watching “Lessons in Chemistry”? We are enjoying it very much. We have finally caught up to the current episode of “The Morning Show.” Wow. This is Jennifer Aniston’s best work. It’s riveting.
  16. Tvan

Ski Themed Gifts/Decor

West Elm has a whole set of ski Themed stoneware: https://www.westelm.com/products/8553326/ Great Big Canvas has a variety of ski themed artwork, including this wall mural of Frankie’s Fall Line at Stratton, which will be installed in my exercise room very shortly...
  17. Tvan

I'm getting an E-bike!

First update on my new e-bike. It’s a Propella 7s, link in prior message above. From the time I opened the box to the time of first ride was about an hour and fifteen minutes. The bike arrives partially assembled. I had to install the seat, handlebars, pedals and front tire. There were no...
  18. Tvan

I'm getting an E-bike!

My new bike arrived. It's 85% assembled. Guess what I'm doing this weekend? Review to come.
  19. Tvan

Do You Have a Definite Style/Terrain Preference? Or Are You a "Master of None"?

I'm an early morning groomer skier. I can only ski weekends right now and I have no appetite for crowds, bumps, trees, questionable conditions or ice. Once I can ski mid-week, I'll increase my time on snow significantly. I am perfectly happy to ski one run over and over, especially if the...
  20. Tvan

I'm getting an E-bike!

I have a new e-bike coming. The e-bikes that were available locally were lovely, but most weighed in at 60+ pounds. In order to transport a bike of that weight, I would have had to add a hitch and a heavy duty hitch-based bike rack, and the cost was almost the same as the price of a new bike. I...