• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2017 Midwest Test Fest Ski Reviews (2018 skis)

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@WileyAce Mr. VaDeb just got his 2018s yesterday. He'll have them out on Mon and Tues at Stowe. The 2018s have gotten a ton of love on Pugski.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

WileyAce

Certified Ski Diva
@volklgirl I can't imagine the amount of time that it took to demo all of those skis and then get your comments down for that many pairs of skis! Great resource and enjoyed the honest reviews. Keep up the good work! Wasn't sure if Armada simply chose not to go to those demo days, but now I'm pretty interested in a few pairs that you had on your list.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Any of you who have demoed the 2018 skies: I would love some recommendations to minimize my demoing costs.
I'm looking for an all mountain ski that would be used more in the east than the west. I currently have:
2010 Atomic Varioflex 157 cm (122/75/109) I mainly use these racing.
All Mountain: 2009 K2 Burnin Luv 156 cm (117/70/101) ---need to replace
All Mountain: 2013 K2 Super Burnin 160 cm (121/72/106) These remain in Vermont.

And I need a flexible forgiving ski, particularly because the leg I shattered is two inches shorter than the other one.
I ski mostly groomers, more ice than I want, but do short runs through trees when snow is fresh.
I do realize that the dimensions have changed quite a bit... Thanks for any help! Skimouse
:ski3:

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I was just reading about the new Blizzard line. I have the Quattro, but this year they're changing the name to Alight. The 7.7 is pretty flexible, and sounds like it might work for you, if you like a more narrow ski (I was looking at your list). Here's the marketing blurb:

The Blizzard Alight 7.7 makes a great ski for the athletic beginner up to the solid intermediate skier seeking control and easy skiing on the groomers. The Alight 7.7 is loaded with WSD (Women's Specific Design) Technologies to make skiing easier and less fatiguing for you. The sidecut of the Alight 7.7 is designed to deliver the correct amount of energy for its target uses to keep you stable when you start to gain speed and ride in total control with little effort. 6mm of rocker in the tip and tail allow you quick turn initiation and easy exit from turns. Blizzard's IQ Suspension System creates a smooth flex that absorbs vibrations and enhances a natural flex for a forgiving ride that feels smooth, even in tricky conditions.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Thanks @Lmk92 ! Flexibility was definitely the selling point on the skis that I have. I've noticed that skis as a whole seem to be wider and that's something I'll need to check out. I'm slow and careful on ice or choppy conditions, but when the snow is nice I ski hard and fast, wide open! I started racing about 17 years ago, though after I shattered my leg I backed down to NASTAR only, not doing -Crescent racing anymore. This way I'm not responsible to the team if the conditions are real risky and I can "opt-out"!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I thought those Blizzards might be a good one to try, because they are slightly wider than what you're used to, but not crazy wide.

I'm not sure how they would be going fast for you, though. I had been skiing more flexible skis for a while, but found I liked a stiffer ski when going at higher speeds. I'm sure other Divas will be weighing in here; they're so much more knowledgeable than I am!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna