• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At about 29*, Loki figured he had to cool off on our Breck deck. He alternated sitting (cooling his fanny - I mean jeez, it was almost above freezing!) and gobbling snow.

Cooper, in the meantime, was patiently standing at the door, asking to be let in.

f4AUfYz.jpg

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cooper has been chewing on himself to the point that he has a massive scab at the base of his tail, so he gets to wear the Cone of Shame. I get to apply ointment to the scab and to less savory parts of his anatomy ...

20170530_121823-1612x1209.jpg 20170530_150723-1612x1209.jpg

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you mind if I ask what kind of dog food you're feeding him?

Orijen Original with canine whole body support supplement.

He has been itchy his whole life on a variety of foods.

mustski

Angel Diva

Have you eliminated chicken as an ingredient? My vet warned us that dogs are now increasingly allergic to chicken. I have a heck of a time finding foods and treats without chicken.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not really looking into elimination diets. Thanks.

Lmk92

Angel Diva

Aww. How frustrating for him.

I never knew the impact diet had on itching before we got a Rottweiler. I always think back to the golden we had that itched and bit her paws all the time. The vet just said it was "hot spots", but never mentioned diet. And I didn't realize it at the time, but I fed her crappy food. I'll bet it was allergies. Looks like that's not your dog's issue.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I feel your pain. I had a dog with a flea bite allergy. One bite and he was itchy all over. Then they prescribed steroids, which led to thirst and then excessive urination. Without steroids, he just scratched and licked until he developed hot spots. Poor guy. Finally we found a flea and tick medication that worked and his itching stopped.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I honestly think a good part of it is habit/boredom (ie, owner's fault). He never chewed on himself on our 6.5 mile hike today!

newboots

Angel Diva
Nothing worked for Sprocket's itching until the vet put him on Apoquel. Now a happy camper!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had a golden that was prone to ear problems. The vet had us squirt stuff in his ears, but it was messy, he didn't like it, and the problem always came back. It was actually the groomed who asked what we fed Murphy, and said to try Pulsar grain free with salmon. Instantly better. Fast forward a few years, we now have a Bassett? mix and about a few months after we got him he pretty much decided that was not the food for him. Strange since he eats just about anything. But we switched to Avoderm red meat, and he is a much happier boy. Which reminds me, I need to get on Amazon and order some more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna