• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So who has new gear for 16/17?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm quite petite so won't be that short on me... now I need to find some smart wool tights.

I basically have that skirt in black. Totally a good length on us shorties. :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I basically have that skirt in black. Totally a good length on us shorties. :smile:
I have a black one as well from Athleta I think. Also a cream colored one with embroidered butterflies that was an impulse by at True North in Tahoe. I got a good price on this and couldn't resist. It's good to be short. I thought of you.... they have some left and only $48 with coupon.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier , very cute skirt. I have the LL Bean one due to length restrictions, lol. The Smartwool skirt did not cover much on me!

@vanhoskier , those skis are GORGEOUS!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier , very cute skirt. I have the LL Bean one due to length restrictions, lol. The Smartwool skirt did not cover much on me!

@vanhoskier , those skis are GORGEOUS!!
The smart wool skirt is really short on me. And I have short legs at 5'1"...on the fence about whether or not to keep. Probably will keep as so cute with leggings and flat boots..

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Technically new for last year, but only just got them mounted and took them out for the first time yesterday - a pair of 2013 Nordica Hell's Belles that I got a crazy cheap deal about 18 months ago. The skinniest skis I've been on in almost 6 years, and the first non-Rossi's I've been on in over 10. I was a bit apprehensive as they're the same height as me and I'm not the most technical of skiers, but they're fantastic on the packed powder and firmer conditions we have at the moment (that's BC firm, not East Coast firm though). So much more fun out there when you don't have to look for the looser snow before turning.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Eh... me. I have no money at all this year due to buying a new house, plus it's my mums 70th, my dad's 70th and my boyfriends 40th next year which means big non skiing holidays for the first 2. Somehow or other I have a pair of Down CD 104 with Dynafit Beasts and have just got a pair of Lange XT 110 LV to tour in. I did think about going for a full on touring boot but I reckon the weight saving for the skis and bindings will be big enough for now.

newboots

Angel Diva
New skier, all new gear!
Smartwool base layers and socks, Marmot gloves and ski pants (closeouts on sierratradingpost), North Face Steep jacket, Head helmet with built-on goggles (looks kinda like a white Darth Vader). Poles. Dalbello Avanti 85 boots. Season-rented Head Rev 70 skis. Whoop! Can you tell I'm excited?

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got a Sportube Overheader Boot Bag! It fits in the overhead compartment in an airplane, which is perfect for my trip to Austria :yahoo:

(I don't like to check bags, especially for short trips... :smile:)

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got new boots finally! Dalbello Rampages. Now wish me luck to tweek them to my liking:smile: so far they are quite good, but I think I am looking at at least couple more visits to a fitter before I am truly happy. And I need to ski longer days on a more varied terrain than is currently available before I get a full picture.

dianakate

Angel Diva
@SallyCat and @dianakate I skied the Jailbirds today - firm groomers with icy patches and occasional piles of soft snow from snowmaking at Whiteface. They are a fun ski - like to carve at high speed, will do any turn shape you wish, good edge hold on ice.

I tried my Jailbirds for the first time yesterday. They are no faster than my Total Joys and are much heavier. They take more effort to ski, but I did not feel like I was fighting them. I guess for me they were meh. Maybe if I didn't love my Total Joys so much I would have liked them better! I guess I feel like they are redundant.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried my Jailbirds for the first time yesterday. They are no faster than my Total Joys and are much heavier. They take more effort to ski, but I did not feel like I was fighting them. I guess for me they were meh. Maybe if I didn't love my Total Joys so much I would have liked them better! I guess I feel like they are redundant.

=/

At least you can sell them while they're barely used?

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Just ordered:

Oakley Flight Decks with Prism Rose Lenses

Smith Holt in Fuscia.

Both on their with my family who are coming over to Toulouse for Christmas. I'll be trying out the new gear in Andorra on Dec 27th!

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have never skied any of the Joy series, I think most of Joy series skis don't come in length longer than 169 cm. It's good to know how they compare to Jailbirds. I got Jailbirds primarily for racing clinic at a local mountain, and I think they will be good for that. I'd say Jailbirds are heavier than the POTUS (my other skis) too, but my Jailbirds are mounted with Tyrolia Attack demo binding so could be the demo binding weight. Jailbirds are a bit more demanding to ski than POTUS, but not by much - mainly it's the pivoting in the soft snow with flat square tail that I needed to get used to in Jailbirds. I am curious to see what Jailbirds are like on the race course and really icy conditions - from the couple of 1/2 days I skied I think they will be good, but I will know for sure after the race clinic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna