• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Warren Miller Dynasty

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeehaw! I'm actually working on setting up the Bend show, as a fundraiser. We'll see how it goes. At any rate, the trailer makes me happy!!!

Christy

Angel Diva
If anyone sees this soon, will they tell me how long it is? I need to make a restaurant reservation after and am not sure what time to make it for.

I saw the "making of" show on tv this weekend and Dynasty looks like it's going to be good. I haven't liked some recent Warren Miller movies as much--I can't stand it when they have other stuff besides skiing--but this looks good. There's going to be lots of old footage since it's their 60th anniversary, and the footage from northern China looks incredible.

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw Dynasty when it came to Portland a couple weekends ago. I really liked it! It was WAY better than last year (It was the Johnny Mosley show last year, which got old really quick). The sequences were all put together really well... especially the monoskier segment. Those guys are just amazing. Definantly worth the admission this year!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We saw it last night. Really enjoyed it. Didn't see last year's but did not like the year before that. Mostly skiing not so much boarding.

Since it was the 60th anniversy there were many flashbacks to the past.

It's 90 min. long with a 15 min intermission.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our showing was a benefit for a local high school so even though it was scheduled for 6 pm by the time they thanked the sponsors and gave out their door prizes it was 8:30 when we finished.

Gumbelina

Certified Ski Diva
Saw it last night, definitely got me stoked for this season! I really loved the little snowboarding girl, and the snowboarding alligator. I may be in the minority, but I think I actually enjoyed last year's show better; thanks to Children of Winter the Japanese Alps have been added to my skiing bucket list!

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got back from seeing this in our tiny little auditorium in our tiny little town. The whole place roared when we realized that a scene was filmed at our tiny little mountain (Monarch). Of course there wasn't much skiing involved, it was the scene with the alligator!!!:becky::becky:

merrow

Certified Ski Diva
I just got back from seeing this in our tiny little auditorium in our tiny little town. The whole place roared when we realized that a scene was filmed at our tiny little mountain (Monarch). Of course there wasn't much skiing involved, it was the scene with the alligator!!!:becky::becky:

The alligator was aaaawesome! That was one of my favorite scenes -- seriously, who's idea *was* that?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Saw it last night. First time. Really enjoyed it. Definitely makes me excited to be going to Tahoe for the Diva clinic.

Being of Chinese descent, it was cool to see the final sequence in China. Very funny when the local said that the modern skis were so short, only long enough for children. :smile:

Christy

Angel Diva
The Daron Rahlves scenes at Tahoe made my jaw drop. We've seen people ski bigger mountains, leap off bigger cliffs, etc, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone do it as FAST.

I loved the China scenes. But I wonder what that guy was really saying. It was pretty obvious they were taking some poetic license with the translations.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga