• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Very Sad Day at Breckenridge

SuZieCoyote

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"14-year-old Haley Rose Gans died today while skiing the blue run, Spruce. Haley crashed into a tree at a high speed and the blunt trauma to her chest took her life. She was wearing a helmet."

My heart goes out to her family. She was from here in Colorado Springs.

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How tragic. The kind of thing we all hope we never experience as a mom. Many many many prayers for her family. Sobering news.

Deanna

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh no.
Thoughts and prayers go out to her family. so so sad :(

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very sad. Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

Terrible reminder to each of us to appreciate each day and everyone around us. Please give a hug or a kind word to those you care about today.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
x 2 on all accords....
Thoughts and prayers.

(Missed this thread yesterday.)

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
My son was there that day. He heard Life Flight arriving (at a ski resort, it's a frankly terrifying sound), and he said it was a long time before it departed. He wasn't aware of the tragic outcome until after he had returned home.

kimblrr

Diva in Training
This is just so heartbreaking for this young life taken so soon. Her family remains in my prayers. I was on the mountain the day after this happened. I just couldn't bring myself to ski Spruce.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's such a tragic accident. Definitely thoughts and prayers for the family.
I agree - hearing the helicopter landing at the resort always makes me nervous. It's never a good sign that someone has to be life-flighted to the trauma center 20 miles down at the University of Utah rather than getting ambulanced over to our new hospital 3 miles away.

Out of morbid curiosity, how many runs were open at Breckinridge that day? I'm always fearful of skiing when there is only a very few runs open - too many people of different abilities packed into too little a space.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga