• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TGR's reSession ski film

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Honestly, I'm sorely disappointed.

First there were absolutely no female skiers. None. The only female was a little cameo during the credits. Seriously? Chicks rip and it's offensive that they didn't include any. :mad2:

Second, it features a style of extreme skiing that just doesn't float my boat. I like to see the big lines and while there's some of that more of the time is spent watching jumps and tricks.

I guess I'll have to wait for Warren Miller to really start the jonesing.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Your review is much like Bob Peters on EpicSki.
https://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/86006/re-session-new-tgr-movie-review
I'm not thrilled with any of the "big" ski movies like TGR and WME since the small-ish guys have popped up some great stuff.
All of that set aside, after seeing Steep and(lucky you) The Edge of Never, all these other ski movies look like resort promotion, or as I call it, Travelog night at the Rotary Club.

Look for Meatheads films, as well as Matchstick productions. They both kick the crap out of WME and TGR!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
...and if you watch the bonus footage for Ski Sundown on Meathead Films' latest release, "Wild Stallions," I'm in 3 screen shots at the end of that bit. :becky:

Thanks for the review! TGR isn't huge on my list but I do like a couple of their flicks. I'll probably pass on this one.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Your review is much like Bob Peters on EpicSki.
https://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/86006/re-session-new-tgr-movie-review
I'm not thrilled with any of the "big" ski movies like TGR and WME since the small-ish guys have popped up some great stuff.
All of that set aside, after seeing Steep and(lucky you) The Edge of Never, all these other ski movies look like resort promotion, or as I call it, Travelog night at the Rotary Club.

Look for Meatheads films, as well as Matchstick productions. They both kick the crap out of WME and TGR!
My friend who was with me last night said Matchstick's film this year had only one line skied by a woman so they're not doing much better.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Saw "Wild Stallions" on 10/3, but hadn't yet gotten the heads-up on the Sundown footage! Nice gap jump footage from Sugarloaf, saw that one being constructed, was filmed the day of the season passholders' picnic, 4/26. Minimal snow lead-in, way sketchy landing. Very familiar with terrain it was filmed on. DS is friends with one of the guys featured, Garrett. (long, dark hair with 'stache, does the crazy roll stunts)

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That dude Garrett is an interesting guy... at least, from what I can tell from the film. :D If you saw the movie at a viewing you probably would not have seen the footage of which I speak--it's not in the main film. There's also a thank you at the end of the Ski Sundown segment to Alpine Zone. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga