• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing with my new fake knee

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, after a month, I can tell you that my new fake knee works great---i don't even think about my knee anymore. I got my knee replaced on May 13, 2009; skied my first day on it Dec 12, 2009.

I asked my boss if he could see a difference from the left to the right and he told me--yes, you ski twice as good as you did last year with that weird knee of yours!!

I was so worried that I would not be able to ski---worked my tail off all summer, but right now, the knee just works--nothing special, I really forget that it is there until someone skis up and asks about it.

I have taught all types of lessons on it--powder, beginner, beginner that I did not think I would EVER get going, mogus, and lots and lots of powder. Let the fun begin!!

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
Yipee!!! So glad to hear that all has went well!!! My brother had both of his knees replaced in May of "08" quickly followed by back surgery and an ankle fusing. He made his first turns on skis ( in almost 6 years) last Thursday he was extremely happy to be back on skis!! Isn't modern medicine amazing!!!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fantastic, congrats.

I'm encouraged, as I'm sure I'm a candidate for new knees. Ski on.

Canyon Quad

Diva in Training
Total knee replacement

Hi, I had my left knee replaced August 29, 2007, did a lot of PT before and after and skied in 15 weeks, and it has been great ever since! I windsurf in waves, play tennis too...no brace, freedom from pain, amazing, and totally worth it. I had a DePuy knee by Johnson & Johnson, with computer assisted surgery, by Doctors who treat US Ski team and snowboard team athletes.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Bravo, Elangirl & Canyon Quad!
Really glad to hear this. DH and I may face same at some future point (per OS).
Have a (non-skiing) friend who went through this in Sept. Skied with her DH today, and he says she is finally to the point where she's glad she had the surgery.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Skiing friend of mine is about to undergo same, first week of Feb. X 2! :eek: ONE week apart. :faint:

Late stage arthritis in both, and she says she not only does not want to miss next ski season, but her daughter is having baby #3 in mid-spring, and she has to be well enough to travel and be there to help with the 2 (young) other kids.

I have told her about the success stories herein! :thumbsup:

snowdog

Certified Ski Diva
It's always encouraging when you can undergo major surgery and get back to the sports you love.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga