• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Phantom Glide on Sale

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes. A little advance planning around the weather is good depending on where you live, but it’s fairly straightforward.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Is this hard to do? Has anyone applied the phantom glide themselves?
The latest version of Phantom is very easy. It's more like a liquid than the original version. That means no scraping needed after the cure. Just need a day with full sun and a place to apply the liquid close to a sunny spot where the skis can be left for an hour or two.

The last time I treated a pair of skis was in Nov 2022 at my house in central North Carolina. I've treated six pairs of skis that I use with different versions of Phantom since Jan 2018, plus my daughter's tele skis. Since we have short skis, I used one kit to do her skis and a pair for myself at the same time.

A DIY kit is enough to do a pair of fat, long skis, or one snowboard.

DPS Phantom Nov 2022 - 1.jpeg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's the latest How To video from DPS I can find. Some of the info on the DPS Phantom webpage is obsolete. In particular, there is no long Part A and Part B. There is just one application and cure required.

September 2022

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
The latest version of Phantom is very easy. It's more like a liquid than the original version. That means no scraping needed after the cure. Just need a day with full sun and a place to apply the liquid close to a sunny spot where the skis can be left for an hour or two.

View attachment 22749
Actually, the newest version that I applied last Summer is LESS liquidy -- it's much more viscous than the previous iteration, so it's absorbed very quicly -- nothing left to wipe off after it cures. And less in each packet, so probably only enough to treat one pair of skis now.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Actually, the newest version that I applied last Summer is LESS liquidy -- it's much more viscous than the previous iteration, so it's absorbed very quicly -- nothing left to wipe off after it cures. And less in each packet, so probably only enough to treat one pair of skis now.
Perhaps DPS gave up on the snowboard market.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Perhaps DPS gave up on the snowboard market.
Well, you could probably do one snowboard, if it's not too long. But definitely not 3 skis.

Soujan

Angel Diva
Used the newest version of Phantom in the fall for 2 pairs of skis. Stormrider 88 in 166cm and Black Crows Orb in 159cm. There was barely enough for both pairs of skis. You don't need a think as think of a coat of the stuff as before. You can spread it pretty thin and it works just fine. I'll be applying Phantom to 2 more skis later this month.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga