• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Old Basic Model of Skiiers Edge needs a new home

pamelarm

Diva in Training
I haven't skiied for years, and this has hardly been used.

Anybody in Washington State or possibly Oregon interested in buying one of these second-hand?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you come up with a price and would consider shipping, I have a friend who might be very interested.

altagirl

Staff member
I managed to ship one a couple years ago after I sold it on ebay. I had to find a freight place, as it was too heavy for UPS, USPS, etc. It's possible anyway! :smile:

pamelarm

Diva in Training
Shipping Skiier's Edge

I would consider shipping, if the purchaser would pay for it! I'd have to figure out how to do it.

I haven't begun to figure out yet how much I would like for this. I guess I'd better get started! :smile:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Let me know so I can give him some idea.

Thanks!

pamelarm

Diva in Training
Where is your friend located?

... as that would factor into the cost of shipping.

I'll spend a bit of time getting it out tomorrow, but I need to spend most of the day doing yardwork - need to take advantage of the good weather before the winter descends!

pamelarm

Diva in Training
Shipping a skier's edge ...

I found somebody on E-Bay who was selling a number of these, and send him a question on how he deals with shipping.

He was really kind - gave me complete instructions on how to package it, the maximum box size, everything! I can then ship it UPS. However, the price of shipping is determined by location, so If you can determine the zip code of where it would be going, I would be very grateful, as that will help me with my cost estimates.

Meanwhile, I'm working on the other logistics.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I haven't been using my Skier's Edge much so far this summer, but got on it today for about 15 minutes and really enjoyed it. My new goal is to use the Skier's Edge every day that I don't do some other form of exercise (bike ride or gym). :thumbsup:

pamelarm

Diva in Training
Current location of skiier's edge ...

For those who may want the information:

It's located in Olympia, WA (98501).

Measurements are: about 61 1/2" long X 15 1/4" wide X about 10 1/2" high.

Whoever purchases this should replace the bands on it, as they are still the originals. I took it completely apart last weekend and cleaned it (it was a bit dusty from being in the garage), and it is in quite good shape.

I cannot PM anyone, as I don't have enough posts, so I can be contacted via e-mail: home: [email protected], work: pschulz@topiatechnology. I was sent a PM, but I can't respond.

volklgirl, I'll look into shipping costs to that zip code.

pamelarm

Diva in Training
More information on skiiers edge for sale (including shipping)

Shipping to Michigan would cost $75, plus $10 insurance.

Replacing the bands would cost $140 plus shipping (quote from Skiier's Edge).
1 advance wheel would cost $18 plus shipping (Skiier's Edge).
NOTE: In all of the years I had this, I never used the advance wheels, but one got lost along the way - I still have the other one.

Due to the above information, I'd be willing to part with this for $350.00.

Sorry I didn't get back to the site sooner, but it's been frantically busy as I've been trying to clean up the yard before the nasty weather closes in, as we're putting our house on the market next spring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna