• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Off-season/warm-weather/not-skiing activities

echo_VT

Angel Diva
The only place I have seen that is in Amsterdam where the number of bicycles greatly outnumber vehicles. Not sure what bike heaven you live in! But that’s not the norm in cities here in the states (or even rural in the states!)

MissySki

Angel Diva
The only place I have seen that is in Amsterdam where the number of bicycles greatly outnumber vehicles. Not sure what bike heaven you live in! But that’s not the norm in cities here in the states (or even rural in the states!)
Cambridge, Massachusetts! I never said the bikers outnumber the vehicles, I said there are many of them and they come shooting out of everywhere/go against traffic lights/ride around vehicles into blind spots/etc. Try driving around morning and afternoon rush hours there, they are very plentiful. We had a bike room at work because so many people commuted in on their bikes. It made an already unpleasant and congested place to drive even more so in my experience. One of the things I don't miss at all about my daily drive now that I work from home.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hate summer. I spend the more tolerable summer days here in the mid-Atlantic in my kayak. We also have a boat (with air conditioning) and we spend a lot of time on the Chesapeake Bay.

However, I just purchased a Jeep Rubicon w/the Recon package and joined an off-roading group. I'm looking forward to some beginner classes in 4WD. BTW, her name is "Mikaela," her plate is "SkiLift," and she's already festooned with ski stickers. :smile:

Attachments

• Mikaela @ Home.jpg
    Mikaela @ Home.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 6

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dance ballet, soft shoes and pointe, also jazz. I also do some combo of body weight strength training and yoga/stretching every morning. Though the yoga routine happens every morning even during the ski season. - my body feels so much better after some sun salutations and stretching.

So dancing is definitely my off-season passion. I take ballet 3 times a week and jazz once a week. We just had a recital at which I danced in 5 different dances: 1 jazz, 2 ballet in soft shoes and 2 dances en pointe. It was a lot of hard work but also a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga