• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Narnia with a side of Icebreaker

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So as part of my walk 1200kms challenge for 2024 we headed up to Flockhill Station (about a 30min drive away) for a wander and scramble around the limestone rock tors.
The fun fact is that this is where The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe was filmed back in the early 2000's and as I worked at Flock Hill back then it was a HUGE part of our daily lives another fun fact is that The Hobbit wasnt filmed here despite many people thinking it was ( The Hobbit was filmed a few valleys over) .

Yet another fun fact us that Flockhill supply Merino for Icebreaker .... at least they used to so here's a pic of a less than pretty Merino (they are not known for there beauty) just hanging out.

The mountains behind are home to "The Clubbies" ie the small club run ski areas that Im lucky enough to have on my doorstep, you can see the access road zig zagging up to Mt Cheeseman.
20240107_114008.jpg20240107_112310.jpg20240107_103843.jpg20240107_103337.jpg20240107_111906.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga