• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Michigan Divas - Where to rent twin tips?

Gumbelina

Certified Ski Diva
I dragged my (snowboarder) hubby out to watch Warren Miller's Dynasty last night, and suddenly he is talking about wanting to try twin tip skis!:yahoo: Do you ladies have any idea where I could take him to either rent or demo some twin tips?

He mentioned that he wanted to try twin tips partially because he hates skating the flats on his snowboard, but also partially because he wants to "go fast" and keep up with me on my skis. He's a tall guy, 6'3" and about 200lbs. Are there twin tips out there that are going to be stiff enough that they won't chatter at higher speeds on hard pack?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, there are some beefy twins out there.....have him look at the twins from Volkl, Nordica, and Head.

Nub's Nob had some last year, but it doesn't look like they've gotten all their stock in or updated their website yet. You could try giving them a call to see what they still have in boxes. I usually demo there the first weekend in December, but last year they were so busy making snow they still had many of their boards in boxes at that point.

You could also see what Boyne Country (Mountain or Highlands) has on tap. A third option is the shop at Shuss Mtn. They had both fatties (Auras) and twins.

Maybe you could take a weekend and demo at Nub's one day, then Highlands the next, if they both have what he's interested in.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If all else fails, you could have him give some of our skis a try when he comes north. Between me and Volklgirl, we have a few laying a round, eh?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Karma in both the 177cm and the 185cm at my disposal, although the bindings on my 177s probably won't go big enough for his boots. Hubby may also be willing to let him try his Gotamas (or maybe not :wink::love:).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna