• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Killington ‘22-‘23

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I’ve been to Killington twice this season. Once in mid December for a PSIA/AASI week where I took L2 prep for Snowboard. Coverage was there that said it wasn’t great. Superstar was a sheet of ice at that last pitch, all the way down. But in a flat section it was fine. Still there was great coverage for early season and we did Snowdon, K2, gondola, ramshead.

On Friday I went for an event again. Wow. What a difference. There was so much snow that on the superstar express quad they cut away underneath it … the skis/snowboards would have touched the snow had they not cut it away. They pushed it to the woods to the right (can’t do the woods and come out. There’s a wall of snow blocking) and up on the trail.

When exiting the lift they piled the snow on top of superstar and in the woods off to the right. It’s about 15 ft tall and there’s a narrow uphill climb in order to get onto Skye Lark (blue square) and Skye ___ (the black or double black). Going down the black, there’s no flat section between the two steep pitches. It’s just a big drop down. To the right (skiers right) there are bumps and it’s flatter. We did that bc there were several spots on the large pitch/drop that were scraped away.

On ramshead, peace park was good. Lots more half pipe terrain I’m guessing due to the snow. Last year it was more inventive but this years has so many jump and transition features and the quarter pipe at the end. The park after the exit of peace park to the right of the lift on the right hand side before the tunnel to Snowshed is nicely done. The small parks as well are well done and have similar lines as before. There are more features (boxes, extra jumps) maybe due to more snow.

Snowdon intermediate bump field was great. Good coverage no grass or rock poking out.

beautiful blue bird day as well. Could see the other mountains near and far!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Yes and yes! I'm thinking the first or the second weekend in April- it has to be a weekend due to work. The second weekend in April is Easter FYI. It's not exactly a big deal in our household but my mom already asked me if I'm "hosting", so...
April 1-2? That would be ok for me!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
IMG_9738.jpeg
Not my photo, but a fellow instructor is trying to get a few of us to go this coming Saturday. This is his photo from last Saturday. And I know perhaps @empogo will be going to Killington for the last of the season… I am considering it! I’m torn between one last go vs MTB…

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
View attachment 21284
Not my photo, but a fellow instructor is trying to get a few of us to go this coming Saturday. This is his photo from last Saturday. And I know perhaps @empogo will be going to Killington for the last of the season… I am considering it! I’m torn between one last go vs MTB…

Beautiful photo!

I also want to go biking this weekend (either MTB or take my NEW gravel bike for a spin) but this photo is so tempting. Did you decide to go Saturday?

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I think I'm not going @jthree -- last Saturday I ran the Shelburne 5K. And Sugarbush with empogo on Sunday which was rad. It does seem I can get a pass to Killington if I so wish to go! I'm torn b/c I would ALSO like to go ride MTB. I'm thinking North Branch and Perry Hill. OR check out Northfield which I haven't yet done. I guess I'd have to check if their trails are open...!

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@jthree will you go ski at Killington?
No... it sounded good in theory but in actuality I realize it's sort-of busy weekend and I was away at a work conference last weekend. So I'm not up for driving that far! Also, with the nice weather today I am fully in spring-summer mode and I am feeling the biking pull. Not sure if we will get out to do a real ride vs noodle around the neighborhood, but if yes we would either do Catamount (MTB) or Burlington bike path (road/gravel).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga