• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Kettlebells

Jenny

Angel Diva
Any advice? Friend and I signed up for a six week better-be-for-beginners class. Sounds like we need to provide our own equipment, and they recommend either a 5lb or 10lb weight. I found a two-pack at STP for pretty cheap, and my cousin who competes in this stuff said they should be fine for what we're doing. I just wondered what others' experiences might have been.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Advice is be very careful when swinging kettlebells as I threw my back out a few years ago, and this is while working with a personal trainer. I still work with a personal trainer (once a week for the last 7 years) but no longer do "kettlebell swings."

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In my kettle bell classes we use up to 4 different weights in one class and about every 2 to 4 weeks increase the weight. Is this what they suggest? If they haven't I would reach out to the coaches.

As Santa Cruz skier mentioned it is easy to get hurt with weights. I got hurt on a boss ball....but still ended with my own. Also got hurt on one of the fully round balls. Then again also got hurt on the floor in one class. Maybe it is me?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Sumo squats with one kettlebell is a really good work out. Tighten your core and glutes and should be good.

Jenny

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier - Back is what I'm most concerned with, which is why I didn’t want to try these until I had some supervision. I’m really hoping they stress technique. But I know nothing about the class structure or what to expect. I figure I know enough about my body to recognize when something could be problematic, and I’m certainly good at asking questions.

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I’ve not taken a kettlebell specific class, but use kettlebells in circuit training classes often. If you are starting out with 5-10 bells you should be safe. There are a lot of ways to use kettlebells without swinging them too, so that could be a cool class. Just know your limits like with any fitness endeavors.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga