• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jacket suggestions or good sales?

dividedsky75

Angel Diva
I am looking around for a jacket, preferably on sale, for next season. I currently have a Salomon 3 in 1 jacket. I think it's one of the older Snow Trips. It's kind of motorcycle jacket looking-ish. I love the seams, the warmth and the way it keeps the wind out but I'm looking for a new style, maybe a new color and more pockets.

Does anyone have suggestions for brands or jackets they've seen? I'd like a good quality jacket but don't want to go crazy. I guess I might as well get some pants too, so I'll take any suggestions for those too. :smile: I prefer a looser, low-waisted fit.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey there! I'm sure you'll get a ton of advice. I'm about 5'2" and on the heavy side, size 12.
I have tried various brands & have no particular loyalty to any one. I found the GoLite brand more recently & bought their Castle Peak insulated jacket ($99). It has good technical features, nice materials & quality of construction, & as you can see, the price is great. It's comfortable & very warm. I like it but do own that there are many other rad and stylish great jackets out there. I bought the Castle Pants too, also $99, but haven't worn them yet, they need to be shortened. Given my shape, jacket & pants seem to suit me.

Jilly

Staff member
Salomon has some nice stuff still. And the new snow trip 3 has some really nice patterned versions. Take a look through the jacket slut thread. You might see something there!! :carrot:

kaitlin

Diva in Training
Your 3 in 1 is a really great idea for versatility.
I love Orage jackets, their "prime 20 or prime 10" lines are really nice and fun.
I bought a scott jacket this past year and froze in it, I actually had to buy a primaloft liner so I wouldn't recommend them.
You also have to consider how you are layering under the jacket for warmth, just remember, no cotton as a first layer, when you sweat it will just absorb everything, instead try a synthetic or wool.
I would recommend making sure the original price of the jacket was close to $300, I know price isn't always an indicator of quality, but in the ski world, nicer fabrics usually cost more.

dividedsky75

Angel Diva
Hey. Thanks for the info! I actually just got a new Phenix jacket in the mail on Monday. It's very much not red as it was described (definitely orange) but I like it nonetheless. It has a primaloft lining but is 1 piece with the powder skirt rather than 2 jackets. It's very comfy and was very on sale with a 40% coupon on top. :smile: The color isn't posted here anymore but this is it. Lots of pockets and none of them on the boobs!!

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/p...?filterString=s~phenix-womens/&colorFamily=02

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna