• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I went X-country skiing today!

weasy

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love x country also (classic). I haven't been out yet this year but will now the kids are going back to school and we have enough snow. Might see you on the rail trail Altagirl

laine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love x-country - I just started a couple seasons ago and got $30 new boots from REIOutlet.com and some used gear at a local consignment shop in Tahoe City. It's great on those holiday weekends when the mtns are super crowded. And it's free. And I feel like I get an awesome workout after 2 hrs. And my house is right next to Sugar Pine Point State Park, which was where the 1960 Winter Olympics had the biathalon (though I don't ski with a rifle). There are even plaques on part of the trail. Definitely recomment it....

-laine

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've loved it both times I did it -- my dream is it xc ski on the national mall during a major snow dump and tour the monuments. Of course as luck would have it, I left the morning of our major snowfall two weeks ago!

The first time I xc skied, I went down into a snowbank and pitched forward into an upside down V before someone grabbed me by the scruff of my neck and uprighted me. Fantastic!

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH and I tried XC last season for the first time and absolutely loved it. We have only been doing down hill so far this year but reading this thread makes me want to get back out there. I agree with the Zen feeling. It is a very different world and love it :love:

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went cross country skiing today for the first time. It was so much fun - we only went out for about 4-5 miles, but stil that was enough for me. the first "hill" was a little scary, but after that I got the hang of it. We took a groomed track on the way back, it was nice because they had the groomed part for skate skiiers, and then two ski tracks for regular cross country skis.

I definitely want to get out again and spend the day cross-country skiing - just need to find a good deal on a setup.

snowdog

Certified Ski Diva
We went classic skiing at Soldier's Hollow this morning. I'm a beginner and am having a hard time turning on these skis with no edges.

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tried XC for the first time yesterday! Skating Fell once within 10 feet because I was joking around saying I was going to catch a guy that just passed us. It was fun...in a way :smile:

-veggielasagna

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga