• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva Racing Team

tamlyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year someone brought up the idea of a NASTAR Team so I signed up as a DIVA with NASTAR, although I did very little of that kind of raceing I will do 5 or so this year.

Another DIVA PM'd me and she is as nuts about raceing as I am. So I was hopeing we could find just 3 more of you who can race in USSA this year, either as a Master (over 18) or a competitor (the Juniors and adults who aren't ready to get off the US team ladder).

The Masters races are a bit more challenging than Nastar but a good Nastar skiier can handle it, esspecially now since this year the slalom rules make it MUCH easier by eliminateing the control gates. Reading a course is no longer a nessecary skill.

If we can get just 5 of us USSA will make us a sanctioned club and we can even hold sanctioned events ( The Ski Diva Cup? )

I would be willing to pay for the Team fee and maybe even get Patches Made that say SKI DIVA Raceing and a Nastar and USSA logo on them.

While all USSA raceing is set to FIS course specs (Same as the World Cup) the course setters take it easy on the Masters. So again it is not as big a jump from NASTAR as it would be if you register as a Competitor. Then the courses are every bit as tough as any World Cup.

So what this is , is a chance to ski an actual Super G or Downhill, dual slalom, and of course an unmodified Slalom and GS. And there is only 1 Gold 1 Silver and 1 Bronze per race in each age group (groups of 5 years so 65 to 70 are in the same group)There are also combined races where you can win a medal for combined SL and GS races, CUPs for the regional Championships and National Championships.

You also get deep discounts on skis, bindings, poles and clothes at several stores designated as Race Centers.

I haven't really looked yet but if we could do this we may be the first all woman's team.

Not to mention this WILL make you a better skiier.

skidaup

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great idea Tamlyn, count me in. I am the crazy about racing Diva mentioned. I was really hoping we could start a womens only ski racing forum. I love to free ski but racing is my passion. I have a hard time at Masters and tougher races being a 40 something female, there really isn't that many of us still out there that are healthy enough to race or crazy enough, I am not sure which. Hope if we can get the racing forum going more of us can connect.

Again, count me in!!!!
skidaup

tamlyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well Skidaup, like I said they have made Masters racing easier (well all slalom will be easier) and I will be racing in the 55 to 60 age group this year. If anyone is interested get me your USSA liscence/membership number. As soon as I have 5 I will put through the paperwork. All memebers will get a subscription to Ski Racing Magazine where all USSA results are published.

Keep in mind this is Masters racing not Competitor racing and I have seen 80 year olds compete.

I am also certain anyone who is getting good times in NASTAR can handle the SL, dual SL and GS. The speed events you can always just go to one and during course inspection decide if it is for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga