• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Demo Day: Windham Mountain Club

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I had been keeping an eye out for the Windham Demo Day based on info from past seasons other Divas had posted about. It turned out they were holding the Demo Day today and tomorrow. We were already planning to drive to VT today for a week of skiing over the holidays. I couldn't resist, so we headed up yesterday to catch the Demo Day on the way to Okemo. My goals were to try out some more carving focused skis AND try longer lengths.

Windham wasn't crowded at all and the firm, groomed slopes were good conditions for what I wanted to test. Like @DebbieSue's demo experience they brought the midsize lengths for the female skis. Luckily the Demo Center on the mountain was supplementing with their shorter Stocklis. I needed the mental confidence of my first day of the season on demo's being in a length I am used to, which I was grateful they could offer.

Stockli AW 150 & 158: fun, forgiving and stable, but not a huge difference from my Nela 88's in the shorter length / noticed increased stability in the longer length.

Stockli MX 152 & 158: felt like I could go either way on the length with these. Great edge hold. They were blowing snow near the bottom of the run and definitely felt less confident the more variable the snow got.

Stockli SC 163: I almost didn't demo them as that length felt a little out of my league since I had always heard it requires a bit of work to ski/bend. My dad, who isn't terribly tall or that much heavier than me, took them out and liked them. That gave me the confidence to try and I was surprised that I handled them fine and how much I liked them (although I had hope I would). If I were to buy them I would want to demo the 156cm though as I feel that is more likely the right size.

Midlifeaddiction

Certified Ski Diva
I had been keeping an eye out for the Windham Demo Day based on info from past seasons other Divas had posted about. It turned out they were holding the Demo Day today and tomorrow. We were already planning to drive to VT today for a week of skiing over the holidays. I couldn't resist, so we headed up yesterday to catch the Demo Day on the way to Okemo. My goals were to try out some more carving focused skis AND try longer lengths.

Windham wasn't crowded at all and the firm, groomed slopes were good conditions for what I wanted to test. Like @DebbieSue's demo experience they brought the midsize lengths for the female skis. Luckily the Demo Center on the mountain was supplementing with their shorter Stocklis. I needed the mental confidence of my first day of the season on demo's being in a length I am used to, which I was grateful they could offer.

Stockli AW 150 & 158: fun, forgiving and stable, but not a huge difference from my Nela 88's in the shorter length / noticed increased stability in the longer length.

Stockli MX 152 & 158: felt like I could go either way on the length with these. Great edge hold. They were blowing snow near the bottom of the run and definitely felt less confident the more variable the snow got.

Stockli SC 163: I almost didn't demo them as that length felt a little out of my league since I had always heard it requires a bit of work to ski/bend. My dad, who isn't terribly tall or that much heavier than me, took them out and liked them. That gave me the confidence to try and I was surprised that I handled them fine and how much I liked them (although I had hope I would). If I were to buy them I would want to demo the 156cm though as I feel that is more likely the right size.
How tall? Weigh? Skill? I am an advanced skier 5’2 128 lbs. I have demoed the 156 and loved it. But want to buy the 149. They didn’t have it to try but I want a nimble ski. I already have longer all mountain skis. If you are bigger, heavier, definitely get the 156. Lighter, shorter, the 149. I have been waiting over a month for them…Hard length to come by.

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
How tall? Weigh? Skill? I am an advanced skier 5’2 128 lbs. I have demoed the 156 and loved it. But want to buy the 149. They didn’t have it to try but I want a nimble ski. I already have longer all mountain skis. If you are bigger, heavier, definitely get the 156. Lighter, shorter, the 149. I have been waiting over a month for them…Hard length to come by.
I’m 5’3.5” and 120 lbs. I’d call myself low advanced. I demoed the 156cm length on Christmas Day in softer conditions and still loved them. My quiver seems a bit opposite yours with my other skis already being shorter. (Nela 88/152 and Liberty 76w/151.)
Could see myself appreciating both the AW or SC for my annual trips to Austria. Realistically what I have is probably all I need right now for the mid-Atlantic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga