• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Alison Gannett Walks To Save Our Snow

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of people talk about global warming, but Ski Diva and World Extreme Ski Champion Alison Gannett is using her celebrity to do something about it. To raise awareness about this growing problem, she's planning to walk over 200 miles -- with her skis on her back --towards the United Nation's Climate Change Conference, or Cop15, to be be held next month in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Alison's more than just a skier. She's also the founder of the Save Our Snow Foundation, and has trained individuals, businesses, and governments all over the world on solutions to climate change. She was recently named "Ski Hero of the Year," and Outside magazine named her "A Green All-Star," next to Leonardo DiCaprio and Arnold Schwarzenegger. (By the way, I interviewed Alison way back in September, 2008. You can see it here.)

Saving our snow goes way beyond just preserving the sport we love. Snow and ice together provide almost half of the world's drinking water and irrigation for food cultivation. It's an effort all of us should get behind.

I have tremendous respect for Alison and the work she's doing to bring attention to global warming. She needs to raise enough money to cover her expenses for her walk. So if you'd like to donate, or if you just want more information about what she's up to, go here.

And for some stoke about Alison, take a look at this:

[YOUTUBE]bUA59ZxKEVA[/YOUTUBE]

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alison Gannett is going on a long walk

See the complete story here

Due to the policy of remaining free of politics on TheSkiDiva.com I almost didn't post this but since Alison Gannett is a SkiDiva and this is a great thing she is doing I wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thank you Alison for making a difference.:thumbsup:

Snip from the article:
A Long Walk
Skier and climate change activist Alison Gannett is at it again. But this time, she's walking 225 miles across European flatlands en route to the UN Climate Conference in Copenhagen. She'll be carrying skis on her back to raise awareness for our dwindling snowpack.
by Megan Michelson

Please do not turn this into a politically hot topic!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna