• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. I

2018 88 Black Pearls vs 2017 Black Pearls

I did end up committing to the 2017 since it was a tad cheaper and I loved skiing in them last season, plus I think the longer turning radius may be better for skiing fast from what I've been reading? I definitely will have to pay more attention to how turning radius affects my skiing in the...
  2. I

I did try but they didn't respond. I don't expect ski shops to know about every ski but it'd be nice if they knew more about one of the best selling women's skis... I think Blizzard refers to their carbon flipcore redesign as WSD which is odd since I'm sure they use similar construction on...
  3. I

So I have done an absurd amount of research on this ski because I am the most indecisive person I know. Blizzard switched to carbon in 2017 (so anything from 2011 to 2016 was stiffer and had significant tip flap), and every person I spoke to has told me that structurally it is exactly the same...
  4. I

Just an update for anyone looking into Black Pearls - I contacted a few ski stores and they told me that nothing has changed between the 2017 (blue with feather) and 2018 88 Black Pearls (purple and light blue) except for the topsheet and a small change to the sidecut. Blizzard switched to the...
  5. I

That's why I'm here getting some expert advice (: I loved the 2017's and I'm not sure how they could be any better since they were a huge upgrade from sport skis but guess I'll just have to anxiously wait for two more months to try them out! Thank you all for your help!!
  6. I

I got the Lange RX 110 LV last year and they still need some tweaking since I experienced some toe bang but not wearing giant rental boots was incredible!!
  7. I

I hadn't heard about any tip flap issues with the 2017 but I'm very excited for the BP's! I honestly just like how the 2017 look better but will take performance over aesthetic, so I'm leaning towards the 2018 based on everyone's raves. I'd only had sport rentals until last season and having my...
  8. I

Hi! I know they did a big overhaul for the 2017 BPs, would you say the 2018 ones you demoed were significantly different from those? I'm in my early 20s, 5'4 and ~150lbs. I rented the 152cm last season as the ski shop said they ski long. Didn't have any issues with the length but I'm going to...
  9. I

I did check out the thread and it seemed like everyone was a big fan of the 2018 88 BPs but there wasn't any direct comparison to the 2017, mostly older models? I'm also just not sure if the improvements matter that much at my skill level, although I am looking for skis to grow into. I've moved...
  10. I

Hi! I'm new to the forum and looking to buy my first pair of skis. I recently moved to the PNW and will have easy access to skiing for the first time, hoping for 15+ days so I thought I'd invest in skis. I generally ski blue/black groomers and some trees but I want to get more into ungroomed...