• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. CrystalRose

Sexual Harassment in the Outdoors

Aww dang! I assumed that but I was hoping that it had a different outcome:frown:. To be willing to punch a woman in the face over a purse smh...
  2. CrystalRose

I could go on for days about being paranoid but fighting it off! For example, I was hanging out with a new friend (so I don't know her that well) last weekend and a friend of hers offered us a ride. Immediately I thought this could be a ploy to trap me in the car, overpower me, and harvest my...
  3. CrystalRose

I watched a skiing documentary about her! It's about 20 minutes long and free on REI. It was very interesting but it sucks that she's still getting crap. Maybe I don't know enough about mountaineering but what does it matter even if she did use guides? The guides didn't ski down the mountain...
  4. CrystalRose

I have a lot of things going for me that "protects" me too. The main one is my resting b@#$h face. I'm almost never approached in public by either gender. The second is being 6 feet tall. I'm taller than most men I encounter so I don't usually feel intimated by them (unless they are giving off...
  5. CrystalRose

Extremely casual, recreational bikes

@Jenny Don't let anyone talk you into a hybrid, road bike, or mountain bike if what you want is a comfort bike. You'll still be outdoors and getting some exercise. I bought the wrong bike and I was miserable! If you get the comfort bike and down the road you realize you want something else cool...
  6. CrystalRose

Purchasing ski apparel/accessories

Oops, I should've explained the ski bag a little better it seems! I'm in a car and I used the ski bag in my trunk, with the back seat down, all season but I still feel like it was a somewhat unnecessary (though not expensive) purchase. Maybe I'm not doing it right or because it's just one set of...
  7. CrystalRose

Purchasing ski apparel/accessories

This was my first "season" so it showed me what worked and what didn't. Going skiing for only a few days, it didn't matter if the gear wasn't perfect. As long as I wasn't wet or cold it was cool. But getting more mileage meant the gear did too and in a bigger variety of conditions. I ended up...
  8. CrystalRose

What the heck did I just read?! Those accounts were horrible. I hate the vulnerability of being a woman.
  9. CrystalRose

The "little ski revelations" thread

Upon closer inspection, the mold seems to mostly be on the toe section of the footbed. I can't really see down into the toe part of the liner so it may be mold free but I'm going to treat it as well. Thanks for the tip @newboots. I was reading online that vinegar and baking soda would kill it...
  10. CrystalRose

Ski Revelation 1: If you don't know how to get back to the lodge but you know it's "in that direction" don't just take any trail in "that" direction. Especially if it does not have a sign, DO NOT follow people onto it thinking it will take back to the base. It will take you into the trees. Then...
  11. CrystalRose

1st Time Skier attempts Black Diamond after 3 days on skis

Since I watch a decent amount of skiing videos on YouTube, they seem to think I would like this video. It had the click-bait title of: "I Trained Like a Professional Skier". I was like, "Oh ok, what did that entail?" , and was sent on a roller-coaster of emotions. From annoyance at the ad for...
  12. CrystalRose

Cranmore switches to hand grooming.

This made me irrationally angry! Really, you're going to make some poor guy walk the mountain with a rake, at night for "artisanal snow":rolleyes:! Then I realized it was a joke... :wink:
  13. CrystalRose

Nope, everything was the same as far as I know. On the rentals, same boots, etc. I honestly feel like my skiing has regressed somehow. I can feel my feet do a one-two pressure change instead of a fluid weighting and lightening. I don't think I'm releasing the uphill ski fast enough or something...
  14. CrystalRose

Ski Revelation: If you ski enough days, eventually one is gonna suck! Went to the local mountain yesterday to return my season rental and buy my new set of skis. Since I was there anyway I figured I might as well ski. Maybe because my heart wasn't in it, or because it was 60 degrees on the...
  15. CrystalRose

Help Needed: How to move to Blue

That's a great suggestion @liquidfeet! I hadn't thought about it before but I find the speed more intimidating than slope. Or the slope is intimidating because I know the speed comes with it! Something I'll work on next season for sure.
  16. CrystalRose

Type II vs. Type III skiers?

Mmmmm.... If that's the point then I would say Type I is doing the job. I've never experienced a ski popping off during regular skiing or speed changes or terrain changes... my DIN is a 5.5 at I and 6.5 at II. Can you make special requests for like a 6 to split the difference?
  17. CrystalRose

Type II vs. Type III skiers?

I've been putting myself down as a Type I despite the techs confusion. I ski slowly and cautiously and I've never popped out of a ski accidentally at that setting. I'm skiing green and blue groomers. I could realistically put down II but is the point to set your DIN as low as possible to be...
  18. CrystalRose

Help Needed: How to move to Blue

Hi Natalie!:wave: I'm a fairly new skier too. This season is the first time I've gotten consistent snow time and I'll say: You'll know when you're ready. For example, I started this season lapping the bunny slope, when that got boring I moved on to easy greens, to harder greens, took a few...
  19. CrystalRose

Fear

I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I'm sorry that happened. Being scared is one thing, but having an audience for it makes it seem so much worse. Is there no way to get in a class a level below the one you were in? It would suck to miss out on a lesson you were looking forward to...
  20. CrystalRose

Help Needed: How to Approach a Personal Demo Day

Right?! I read up on the Ooolaluvs (like this Ski Essentials review) after I skied them because they were not even on my radar and that was definitely not my experience with them. I think it may be different if I was laying them over and really carving them. I don't carve yet, just pivoting my...