• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Downunder Diva

Mt Hotham 2012

Today was just awesome at Hotham. I shooed DH off and just focussed on getting my mojo and rhythm back. I had the most wonderful day. OMG!!! I LOVE SKIING!!! :yahoo: It's so great when it comes together... SkiBam my solly boots are great now although I now realise that they will always be...
  2. Downunder Diva

Learning to be a coper without an ACL

No pop with mine either... Just excruciating pain ( I recall thinking this is way worse than childbirth). I was unable to show my distress due to not wanting to alarm the people I was with. I was relieved when the pain vanished suddenly (ACL ruptured totally at this point) ... Although no...
  3. Downunder Diva

MarzNC interesting article you posted from the RAAF on proprioception. My post ACL rehab followed this line of thought by focussing on controlled strength ( machines first then progressing through to free weights), clinical pilates (ROM first then propioception) and lots of cardio (recumbent...
  4. Downunder Diva

MarzNC there is no time limit on having surgery. I wondered whether my late diagnosis would affect my reconstruction outcome but surgeon said it makes no difference and is considered an advantage due to allowing time for muscle strength to compensate for missing ACL. So you always have this...
  5. Downunder Diva

MarzNC good for you for your commitment to your rehab. I was also called a Coper by my surgeon. I sustained a severe MCL strain, meniscus tear and ruptured ACL, however the ACL was not diagnosed for 6 months as I did not have obvious knee instability after the accident. I only noticed my knee...
  6. Downunder Diva

Heard on the chair

:pound:... I was half expecting him to add the end "no time wasters please!" At least you know where you stand with this surgeon... time is money after all! :rolleyes: I'm also highly chatty on the chair but I do judge receptiveness to conversation of my fellow chair victims before unleash...
  7. Downunder Diva

Mt Hotham 2012

Thanks SuzyQ... It's really quite warm up here today.. All pit zips undone lol. When are you off to Thredbo???
  8. Downunder Diva

Mt Hotham 2012

Thanks Jenny your crossed fingers really helped as I skied Hotham yesterday and today with only partially numb left foot. By the end of today left foot felt good. Ollie stretched out both the shells over the instep a good 1cm. The weather stripping is now not under the top join but outside of...
  9. Downunder Diva

Mount Buller

nooooooooooooo Sperks :eek: that is such a bummer about your humerus! Is it a break or is it soft tissue injury where it joins the shoulder? Either way it's a no good that your seasons over just as it was starting. Commiserative healing hugs to you. You have the dubious honour of being the...
  10. Downunder Diva

Good luck skibum4ever!

SB4E it's really difficult sticking to the surgeons directions but SN has sage advice. My surgeon was convinced that I was going to totally ignore his directions, do stuff too early and rip my new ACL graft out. So I totally went against my character and 'became' the model patient. The only...
  11. Downunder Diva

A cheeky event...

AG you either have to die as you point out, or live to tell the tale having lost the capacity to reproduce in order to qualify for a Darwin award... Our bright spark may still be in the running yet :wink: I still don't get it... He's at a party probably drugged, drunk and obviously bored... I...
  12. Downunder Diva

A cheeky event...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-30/man27s-bottom-explodes-as-party-trick-backfires/4163238 We certainly know how to breed them Down under. I recall this happening before in Sydney. I wonder if this young buck also qualifies for a Darwin award? Perhaps fitting that it happened in Darwin...
  13. Downunder Diva

Marta Ears - Post your pics too! Inspired by Marta!

Woohoo! Go the Brutal Betties!!! Looks like you girls had fun :thumbsup: BTW great skater name GoAnna (those things are scary!)
  14. Downunder Diva

Mount Buller

Hi Sperks, I'm up at Hotham for the next week or maybe two if the snow is good into next week. We had a great start to the season but then we lost quite a lot of snow 2 - 3 weeks ago with rain. It was also quite warm last week - I skied Hotham last Sunday in 8 deg C, so had the dreaded freeze...
  15. Downunder Diva

My season's over, but I just bought _____________.

I love this pic! Someone has a new toy :wink:
  16. Downunder Diva

Is anyone here excited about the summer Olympics?

VickiK that is really interesting! Having said that I did appallingly on the test :rolleyes:
  17. Downunder Diva

Mt Hotham 2012

I've just picked up my boots from Ollie after leaving them there yesterday to have them stretched on some contraption. 5 hour round trip from home so I'm hoping that we have them right this time. I have to slap myself when I find myself dreaming of feet luxuriating in fluffy comfort liners...
  18. Downunder Diva

Death at Hotham

:rotf: On a more serious note another snowboarder death at Thredbo yesterday ... A young man in his 20's ... Tragic
  19. Downunder Diva

Related word game

liquor
  20. Downunder Diva

It's all over but the whining: shoulder surgery report

54%... Hmmm it sounds a little as this may be priming you for a low offer. Sometimes buyers will get an associate to put in an impossibly low offer to prime you to a reasonable low offer that the seller would have been resistant to previously. It will be interesting to see if you get a...