• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. teppaz

Best small suv for winter driving

By many accounts Pontiac's Vibe was a good car. I still don't understand why it was pulled out so fast.
  2. teppaz

Icelantic Nia Pro 105 - one day review

The Maiden and the Nomad have been overhauled for 2024-25. The waist widths have slightly different numbers (Maiden 91 is now Maiden 94, for example, 101 is 102), but my understanding is that the waists are the same as before — it’s just that now the numbers in the names reflect the actual...
  3. teppaz

SkiTalks Demo Clearance

I tend to prefer 166-168 but I got the 4FRNT 91 in 171 and it’s been good, even if I’m still not as comfortable as I’d like in trees and tight bumps — yet. Sometimes I catch myself thinking I should have gone for the 165 but come on, I need to step it up!!! All this to say: that 4FRNT is a catch.
  4. teppaz

SkiTalks Demo Clearance

I’m on the 4FRNT 91 and am really enjoying it. Someone should jump in the ones for sale!
  5. teppaz

Skinnier Front Side Skis - Searching

Now you have to give us a full report on skiing them!
  6. teppaz

Skinnier Front Side Skis - Searching

The dearly departed Liberty V76? Liberty doesn’t make them anymore but they sometimes pop up at outlets and on resale sites.
  7. teppaz

TR Grand Targhee, Big Sky, Bridger, March 2024

I was impressed by their flexibility. Good attitude wins them a return client.
  8. teppaz

We’re going to take it easy. I need a new jacket so I’ll check out the sales racks.
  9. teppaz

Update: not more today as Grand Targhee is not opening. We’re not sure why as the conditions aren’t all that unusual for the area.
  10. teppaz

I was happy to have rented powder skis (Icelantic Maiden 101, super-fun) because my technique in those conditions isn’t great. They helped me feel more comfortable and I had a blast. More today!
  11. teppaz

What is Difference b/n Men and Women's Version of Same Ski? (e.g., Rossi Exp 82 Basalt)

I also have the 4FRNT 91, which feels exactly the same! I guess I’m drawn to these skis…
  12. teppaz

What is Difference b/n Men and Women's Version of Same Ski? (e.g., Rossi Exp 82 Basalt)

That’s what I meant: they’re heavy to carry but they don’t ski heavy.
  13. teppaz

I have the unisex 86 Ti with the Konect system and I can confirm that it's stupid heavy! Love the ski though.
  14. teppaz

Tell me about Alta?

I’m thinking Solitude or Alta on Monday, then Alta on Wednesday. I’ll be the one with the pink boots!
  15. teppaz

Tell me about Alta?

I'm really fond of the savory stuff at Alta Java. Light, cheap, nice and quick. You're kinda outside though, so that works best on a nice day.
  16. teppaz

Frontside & moguls - what should be on my demo list?

Oops, I hope a mod can del my repeat message, due to phone malfunction!
  17. teppaz

I had the Lux in 169 and I didn’t find it squirrelly so length might have been a factor (I’m 5’8” and 180, active). That said I recently had the opportunity to try the 4FRNT 91
  18. teppaz

I had the Lux in 169 and didn’t find it squirrelly so length might have been a factor (I’m 5’8” and 180, active). That said I recently had the opportunity to ski the 4FRNT 91 in 171 for 3 days and it was everything I wanted: great in bumps, enough float in 8” of fresh snow, super-fun zooming on...
  19. teppaz

Palisades (Tahoe)

We didn’t do double blacks as visibility was bad during our visit, and we didn’t go to the bowls. Also many lifts were on wind hold.
  20. teppaz

Palisades (Tahoe)

I was just there a couple of weeks ago and found that the runs on the left of the Olympic base, off the Resort and Red Dog chairs, were exactly what you want. They were perfect to warm up and get acquainted with the Tahoe snow density, which was new to me and required some adjustments. We had...