• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. callmijane

Wolf Creek conditions, starting with 2022-23 season

Super soft and fun on Saturday. However, the snow was VERY light, so you sink pretty far down, even on fat skis.
  2. callmijane

I've been MIA on skidiva, but skiing at Wolfie again this season. I've gotten 5 days there so far this season. We were there right before the big storm on 1/7- good conditions all over, but way overgroomed in the Charity Jane area to keep the Xmas Texas and Oklahoma crowds happy. We'll be there...
  3. callmijane

Organizing ALL the gear?!

Ikea bags.
  4. callmijane

Ski Socks for a very chunky lass

I got some of the smartwool extra stretch socks this season and I love them! They fit so well, and are very comfortable. Prior to this I was wearing Burton snowboard socks, which isn't ideal because they take up too much volume in the boot.
  5. callmijane

Heated goggles

I have the Oakley Inferno heated goggles (got them 2nd hand) and they are AMAZING! I used to use the kind that have a little fan built in (Smith Turbo Fan) because I have such trouble with fogging goggles, but the battery ran out fast and the sound is annoying. My goggles never fog anymore...
  6. callmijane

I’ll be there Sunday, so I’ll let you know how it is! Looks good on the cams.
  7. callmijane

Wolf creek

It's gonna be so good! (of course, I'll be on the greens with my kiddo, easing back into skiing :-) )
  8. callmijane

First lifts to spin in Colorado Oct. 16-17, 2021

It was super fun at Wolf!
  9. callmijane

Tofurkey

Field roast. So much better.
  10. callmijane

Ski Blades: What the What?

They're popular with the Texas crowd. I know Wolf Creek rents them, as do several shops in the Pagosa area. Supply and demand....
  11. callmijane

The Toughest Mountains You Know

Taos and Silverton.
  12. callmijane

Ski Snacks

Lara bars and string cheese.
  13. callmijane

tell me stories about learning to ski bumps

Well, there was the time I plugged my tip into a mogul, flipped over it, and gave myself a concussion..... The more you do it, the better you get.
  14. callmijane

Stand Up Paddle Board

An inflatable will be lighter than a hard board.
  15. callmijane

Stand Up Paddle Board

I picked mine up from our local riversports shop when they were clearing out their rental fleet.
  16. callmijane

Do you go skiing even if you know it's going to be crappy?

There are good days, and then there are days that are good for you.
  17. callmijane

Any skate skiers out there?

I do classic Nordic on our little lake here. I can't skate, it kills me.
  18. callmijane

Plantar Faciitis

Nordic skiing is good for Pf, because every glide stretches your foot.
  19. callmijane

Telluride?

Hey, let me know if you hit Wolf Creek!