• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Skise

Ski Widths for Daily Drivers

My knees definitely can’t take wide skis on hard groomers. I have a few pairs that are 95-98 and they only get any action when there is enough soft snow. Otherwise I’m on 63-74.
  2. Skise

Skiing while pregnant?

My friend’s doctor said skiing is not a problem but if something happens and she needs surgery or something that is always an extra risk for the baby. We went skiing once but she was not really comfortable, slightly worried, tired, off balance (she only skis telemark, so the extra weight was a...
  3. Skise

What are Divas reading?

I read mostly free rubbish from Apple Book Store :bolt: Some of them are too bad even for me and I quit reading way before end but some I actually like and even buy something from the same writer (which is the point of free books I assume).
  4. Skise

New skis r~12 m

Epic Joy looks just what I’m looking for, definitely going on my list.
  5. Skise

New skis r~12 m

174 cm 60 kg (I think that’s something like 5’8” or 5’9” and 130 lb). And I mostly ski here in Finland = no mountains, not much snow. And I already own about 12 pairs of skis so this doesn’t need to be a ”do it all” ski.
  6. Skise

New skis r~12 m

Since my instructor told me the perfect number of skis to own is n+1 (with n being the number of skis you currently own) I’m yet again searching for my +1 pair . I need a narrow, short turn ski for groomed, short, maybe icy slopes. I want a ski that can take speed and push back when you push it...
  7. Skise

Repaired meniscus

Now I’m thinking of buying new skis :becky:
  8. Skise

Repaired meniscus

So... I skied two times last winter. Two hours was the maximum I was able to ski and I was quite depressed (it takes me three hours to drive to slopes, so 6 hours of driving for 2 hours of skiing). It was almost 8 months after surgery and I still couldn’t ski properly. But last weekend I went...
  9. Skise

Repaired meniscus

"Which one is better for the knees, telemark or alpine skiing?" I asked my physiotherapist today. "Snowboarding" was the answer :eek:
  10. Skise

Repaired meniscus

About that I was half joking. The reason they cited for general anesthesia was the faster recovery. When I wake up from general anesthesia, I wake up but with spinal anesthesia my leg is asleep for hours afterwards.
  11. Skise

Repaired meniscus

The surgeon actually directed me to a YouTube video about the procedure. Perhaps that's where he learned to perform it :becky:
  12. Skise

Repaired meniscus

I'm quite serious. I thought it was odd I was actually asleep during surgery (typically at least here they are done with the patient awake) and it was only afterwards I realised it was probably to keep me from hearing and seeing the two surgeons debating how to do this :bounce: There was no...
  13. Skise

Repaired meniscus

Mine was bucket handle tear of lateral meniscus. Large, displaced piece. 2 months off work, 3rd month limited work (no large animals, so I took the third month off as my summer vacation). I'm not overweight and I am reasonably fit but I am over 40 (that seemed to be a very bad thing according to...
  14. Skise

Repaired meniscus

Has anyone had their meniscus repaired? I'm wondering about recovery and what about skiing... I think this was the first repair this orthopedic surgeon did and perhaps the first one in the hospital also. The physiotherapist knew nothing and the surgeon took 2-3 hours to write me some advice for...
  15. Skise

They don't understand but that's ok!

I was golfing already way before I got old enough to have sex ;)
  16. Skise

They don't understand but that's ok!

Well, even my skiing friends think I'm crazy...
  17. Skise

Skiing on Stones

Skiing everywhere with or without snow https://planetskier.blogspot.fi/?m=1
  18. Skise

Gender and Concussion Recovery Time

Took a little effort to find the original article this referred to (since all the links just went to totally irrelevant places). "To prevent large differences in injury severity between male and female patients from unduly influencing results, comparison was performed between male and female...
  19. Skise

Is your (2014) ski season over?

I could drive to Ruka for one more ski day. Or two. But I'm probably too lazy. 9 hours of driving, slushy runs, njääh.
  20. Skise

The summer fun photo thread

Some more summer fun from previous summers Letting my friend's cows out for the first time last summer Suomenlinna fortress last summer Riding in Sweden (have no idea when, I go there every summer) Hiking in Sweden Also hiking in Sweden, in August a few years ago