• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. missyd

Snow cat driving Feldis - Switzerland

Even here in Switzerland its not cheap to go for a snow cat ride. I was lucky because I had a passenger ticket and could drive the snowcat myself. End of the season all slopes already groomed. So the cat driver decided to give me a driving lesson instead of re-grooming the slopes ... ;-) My...
  2. missyd

Maybe snow cat driving is possible in the USA/Canada too? If not you can always ask a snow cat driver at your home resort if it would be possible to go for a ride with him ... :smile:
  3. missyd

Yes you're right ... its very cool to drive one ... can't wait for next winterseason. Will try and fix a date for another nice driving lesson! :becky:
  4. missyd

My Xmas present from my fiancée was a snowcat ride in Feldis (east of Switzerland). On march 16th we went there. As the small ski resort was at the end of the ski season and all slopes already groomed I could drive the snowcat (a Kaessborer Pistenbully 300) myself for about 45min. That was very...
  5. missyd

So come on, what have you bought for this season already? ('11/'12)

Nothing ... I decided I had enough stuff for skiing/snowboarding at the moment. I want to spend the saved money on lift tickets and for the fuel travelling to the mountains ....:D
  6. missyd

Snowrails

Your right with the monoski ... why not use a monoski and have a lot of fun?
  7. missyd

Snowrails

Have you ever heard of snowrail ski? Its a system where the ski is fixed to each other ... also sold as knee saver.... To me it sounds stupid to fix both ski together ... how will you make a snowplow, lift a ski to prefent a fall, skate on a flat slope or walk up in a lift line...
  8. missyd

DH virgin

We have a few lift served trails that are open all year round (if weather is good). This year Laax (where I usually go for skiing) reopened its DH trail mid November ... lift is serving the glacier area but runs empty most of the time due to lack of snow ....
  9. missyd

Share your rides during the summer

After my first ride ... Location: Todtnau Wildride, Black Forest, Germany :becky:
  10. missyd

TR: Tour de Spark!

AMAZING pics!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! :becky:
  11. missyd

Share your rides during the summer

I bought a freeride bike last saturday ... its a Specialized SX Trail II from 2008. Why a freeride bike and not a DH bike? Did the Runca trail twice this year. Once with my XC bike and once with a rented DH bike. With the XC bike it was very difficult as the lack of suspension travel was a big...
  12. missyd

MTB Runca Trail Flims Switzerland

Fantastic freeride trail in Flims. We rented Trek Scratch 8 bikes with 7" suspension travel. Last week we did the same trail with our cross crountry MTBs which was very tiring. Very difficult to describe the day ... it was just fantastic!!!! We managed to ride the trail 4 times. Pictures from...
  13. missyd

Trip Report Chaeserrugg - Switzerland

I always think the same if I see pics from abroad ...:becky:
  14. missyd

Divas who are musicians?

I played violin 'til I was teenager (had weekly lessons). Then I decided that playing guitar would be much "cooler". Took some classical guitar lessons and swapped to an electric guitar ... never got far playing guitar. No lessons and I lost the ability to read sheet music .... I wish I had...
  15. missyd

You're right ... it was much much steeper than we expected ... !!!! But the scenery is so fantastic that it was worth all the pains and efforts we made! :D
  16. missyd

I did only one hiking tour this year. We (myself and Anita my love) went to the east of Switzerland. We went up to Chaeserrugg with the help of a cable car und a gondola. The hiked along the crest and then after a picknick we hiked downwards to the car park. As usual I got problems with my knees...
  17. missyd

MTB Trip Report Grindelwald September 2011

Thanks a lot ... camera is a Nikon Coolpix S570. It takes good pictures. Small and flat it is. Mountainbikes can be rented over here. No need to take one with you ;-) At the moment the alps are covered with some snow. I hope I can do another trip to the alps before winter season starts.
  18. missyd

Thanks a lot ladies ... Click link for some more pics .... there are not so many pics I was busy biking ... :becky: https://photobucket.com/grindelwaldfreeride2011
  19. missyd

Question: Do Ski Divas only ski?

I do ski and snowboard. Some years I snowboard and some I ski ...:becky:
  20. missyd

Time to post a mountainbike trip report. :becky: We (Anita my love and myself) went to Grindelwald to do some freeriding with our bikes there. We have both fullys from Specialized and it was time to find out if we could do some not so easy trails in the mountains. Most went downhill, some...