• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

98 black pearl-2018

Freeski

Diva in Training
For those of you who wondered if this ski is to wide to rip... guess again! I have about 15 days on these 2018 beauty's and have skied them in all frontside conditions. They perform the best on a steep downhill laying down a hard edge (I had to get knee pads) They are also fantastic in crud and bumps. They are great in powder up to 8" and equally fun in the spring corn and slush. The best frontside ski I have been on...

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was thinking that would be the case as their predecessor, the Samba, was exactly like that.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was hoping to demo these last month at Snowbasin, but Blizzard didn't show up. I do have the BP 88s--2018, and I just love them. And I see you are nearby!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was thinking that would be the case as their predecessor, the Samba, was exactly like that.
If you thought that way about the BP 98, wait until you get on the Sheeva 10. That ski freaking rips!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you thought that way about the BP 98, wait until you get on the Sheeva 10. That ski freaking rips!
I'm pretty certain I'm going to get a pair of the Sheevas this winter, because I LOVED them when I tested them last winter. They'd replace my '16 Santa Anas, which excel in true powder, but get deflected quite a lot in crud and heavier snow.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm pretty certain I'm going to get a pair of the Sheevas this winter, because I LOVED them when I tested them last winter. They'd replace my '16 Santa Anas, which excel in true powder, but get deflected quite a lot in crud and heavier snow.
That's probably an awesome powder option for you!!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's probably an awesome powder option for you!!
They were a hoot in those crappy testing conditions we were subjected to. The big question will be what length. I tested them in the shorter (161??) length, which felt awfully fun, but are quite a bit shorter than what I've been skiing. Hoping to get out on some before I buy so I can compare.

ETA they are actually 164, which is a perfectly reasonable and manageable length for me. I remember thinking they felt REALLY good and easy to maneuver at that length.

I'm ready to start skiing again!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna