• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

India

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What's the itinerary?

newboots

Angel Diva
I hope we get pictures again!

Tvan

Angel Diva
+1 on the request for pictures... and Marta Ears from India!

Christy

Angel Diva
Holy cow, that's quite a trek to get there. I don't mean this in a snotty way like, why?? But given that there are so many ski resorts between you and India, why? :smile: To see other places in India too?

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So. Collected my brandnew passport this morning (old one is expiring soon).
Applied for "e-Tourist Visa". And paid for it.

Have an appointment with a bootfitter tomorrow but will not take these new boots to India - I will rather bring just stuff that can be lost...

Need to go to the doctor to check what first-aid and travel kit I should be carrying with me.
Insurance should be fine.
Emergency contact = my brother nominated with the visa application.

Pictures? Will be provided. I cannot guarantee I have got internet access when I am over - looks like the connections are sometimes pretty stable, sometimes really bad. So please cross fingers ;)
In worst case picture upload will only follow when I am back home.

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LOL - that is probably the best reaction when thinking about a trip to INDIA :becky:

(...) why?? But given that there are so many ski resorts between you and India, why? :smile: To see other places in India too?
Good question..! I think there are various reasons: the Alps are so far having another terrible winter in terms of snow. DH is recovering or better: seems to have pretty fully recovered and is keen on some serious skiing. Himalaya is on our list for a while - so why not now? And yes, I sometimes are a bit adventurous.

Christy

Angel Diva
That makes sense. So, I guess (hopefully!) Kashmir is okay to visit now? This is interesting to me because we have quite a few Indian friends but they all started skiing (and hiking) here in the US. But I can see that Gulmarg is quite far from, say, Mumbai. Whereas they can drive less than 45 minutes to skiing here.

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sooooo, here I am!
Getting here worked surprisingly well - no luggage lost, no delays, no issues with visa-entry.

Yes, I find it a bit disturbing how poor some people are. I however think that bringing my money here is a good support to the country.

Hotel is good but heating is luxury (few hours per day only).

I don't have any issues with the altitude - yeah! I was a bit scared whether this would seriously impact me. Looks like it does not :smile:

Public life is 100% male. No women at all. Only exception are tourists. This really really scares me.

Weather was ok but not great so far, I hope we will catch some sunny clear days in the rest of the week.

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Grrr - sorry for the wrong orientation of the pics. Cant change this on my mobile :(
Admin/mod help welcome :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna