• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: What Jacket color to match with my ski pants

alison wong

Angel Diva
Got a pair of Arc'teryx Ravenna Pants Chandra Purple from outlet store.
Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 10.20.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 10.23.17 AM.png

My question:
1) What color jacket matches this color?

My preference is something bright, offers strong color contrast. My helmet is White color.

I found 2 jackets online that are contenders? What do y'all think about the color matching?

Salomon Fantasy Jacket - Women's Medieval Blue Heathe Small

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 10.25.16 AM.png

Another one is Marmot Dropway jacket
Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 10.28.05 AM.png

I can't procrastinate any longer as the ski season is fast approaching, but I don't have the patience to sift through colors and try them in stores (but I will if I must).....

Do you have any suggestions on other possible color combinations? Right now I am at a point that I don't care about the price or deal, I just need something....

Please help!

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
I would head to the other side of the colour wheel.....Yellow, Orange or bright pink.

The purple Marmot might be just too much purple. The Salomon may make you look like a bruise??

alison wong

Angel Diva
OK. Agree w/ you (@Jilly ) on the purple Marmot now I look at them again side by side.... I will look into the bright pink and orange.

This thing is a headache!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Of the 2 colors above, I like the blue. Agree with Jilly that orange or yellow could be good too. There's always black, but that is not too exciting, but it goes with pretty much anything.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Of the 2 colors above, I like the blue. Agree with Jilly that orange or yellow could be good too. There's always black, but that is not too exciting, but it goes with pretty much anything.

I can't think of any yellow that matches with that pants' color..... what kind of yellow specifically -> It may help me with the online search....

On the other hand, I found some orange color jackets. Are these the color line you guys are referring to?

Holden Cascade Size Zip Jacket - Women's
Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 11.19.11 AM.png

Norrona Lofoten Gore-Tex Pro Jacket
Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 11.21.29 AM.png

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think the only important thing is that when you look at the color combo it makes you smile, and makes you feel good. If you find that, you are golden..........So if you like the purple on purple or the blue on purple go with that. If you like the orange or yellow or pink go with that. What about green and purple? What are your favorite colors?

Color is very visceral to me, colors and combinations I don't like give me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Colors and combinations I like make me happy and feel good. That's all that matters. My motto is more "life is too short to wear colors that don't make you happy" ('cause I like black pants!).

Last edited:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair of similarly-colored pants. I used to wear them with a red/white jacket. I got tired of the red-purple combo, and seeing myself in pictures, I don't think it's the best choice, and imho neither is orange. I bought a grey Obermeyer jacket after a few seasons and that's the best combo for those pants now. It's not a bright outfit, but it's doesn't make me cringe.

To match: White or Grey or grey-based print (houndstooth, tweed, camo) if you want subtle. For example: Plaid Heather here: https://www.sierratradingpost.com/obermeyer-alexa-parka-waterproof-insulated-for-women~p~226py/?filterString=obermeyer~b~15300/

or this: https://www.obermeyer.com/catalog/womens/leighton-jacket?v=10355

For the bright color look:
A lighter blue, blue-green or lime green - For example Mermaid here: https://www.sierratradingpost.com/obermeyer-aura-ski-jacket-waterproof-insulated-for-women~p~226rc/?filterString=obermeyer~b~15300/

@bounceswoosh 's helmet color.

Arcteryx colorways like Halcyon, Seaglass, Cerulean. See the midlayer of this: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/25/f9/a8/25f9a8e9005cff0e71c0d50ad19fb929--snow-pants-ski.jpg

This kind of yellow: https://www.rei.com/media/fea5164c-9ed8-40c5-ad28-9cb743ef8cc5,

or this https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...93-b8ab-62ea82bd7f91_900x900.jpg?v=1509515429

Good luck! I went to Google Images with a "arcteryx ravenna light chandra" search phrase. And +1 to what @Obrules15 said.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Nice selections @VickiK ! Personally out of all those recommended , I like @bounceswoosh combination (that is such a cute avatar BTW) ...But you need to do what feels right on you. BTW, I love those pants and in that color... Do they have extra small?

Also, the Norrona jackets are really nice.....

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can tell you're busy searching and evaluating, Alison, do post your final "D"! Inquiring enablers want to know.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FWIW I love those orange jackets, they would look sweet w the purple pants (don't mind me, as I've said before orange is one of my favorites and i think EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR MORE ORANGE)

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FWIW I love those orange jackets, they would look sweet w the purple pants (don't mind me, as I've said before orange is one of my favorites and i think EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR MORE ORANGE)
Except me because orange makes my glorious light brown skin look puke yellow and accentuates the lovely brown circles under my eyes, but everyone else should!

Last edited:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice selections @VickiK ! Personally out of all those recommended , I like @bounceswoosh combination (that is such a cute avatar BTW) ...But you need to do what feels right on you. BTW, I love those pants and in that color... Do they have extra small?

Also, the Norrona jackets are really nice.....

Wait, I'm confused - no one recommended my color combo, did they?

I have pants nearly identical in color to @alison wong 's new pants. No one will be surprised to know that I paired it with a bright green (much like the helmet in my new avatar) jacket and orange helmet. So no one will be surprised that I suggest a brighter jacket than the two options you gave us!

FWIW, this is practical. Bright colors make you more visible, especially on stormy days.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

I have pants nearly identical in color to @alison wong 's new pants. No one will be surprised to know that I paired it with a bright green (much like the helmet in my new avatar) jacket and orange helmet. So no one will be surprised that I suggest a brighter jacket than the two options you gave us!

FWIW, this is practical. Bright colors make you more visible, especially on stormy days.
Yes your helmet color... and you have a magenta like jacket!

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Yes, one of the recs was your green helmet color jacket.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, your helmet seemed a pretty close match to your green pants, with the benefit of seeing it right there in your avatar to give Alison a quick visual.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, your helmet seemed a pretty close match to your green pants, with the benefit of seeing it right there in your avatar to give Alison a quick visual.

Got it!

The jacket is no more ... sent back for RMA.

mustski

Angel Diva
I love all the enabling here! I find that all colors actually go together just fine. Seriously take a walk in the wilderness; every color abides together. However, as others mentioned above, it's about what combo makes you smile. I would say the toughest color to blend with is red because it is such a dominant color. Other than that, you should be fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga