• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diagnosis...

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For the past 5 years I have been dealing with some significant ulnar nerve damage on the left side. I have been thru numerous tests, scans, etc, testing for everything under the sun, and no one could figure what was the cause. I also have experienced a variety of funky symptoms, which come and go...

Fast forward to the last couple of months...my primary care doc would not give up on this and referred me out to a neurologist associated with a teaching hospital, who ordered some different testing...long story short, I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease...and one of the problems when this disease advances is arthritis, usually in the knee, which I have developed full blown in the right one...and, it's been a setback for me physically.

I have started treatment for Lyme...and I am in PT 2x a week for the knee...working very hard to get in good enough shape to ski...A few of you are dealing with much bigger health issues than this, and I feel dumb to be complaining...but, I have to be able to ski and I am a bit concerned about it...asking for good energy!!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lyme disease can be devastating. It is not minor at all. Please stay on top of it.

*hugs* for you. I hope you're able to ski as much as you want!

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lyme disease can be devastating. It is not minor at all. Please stay on top of it.

*hugs* for you. I hope you're able to ski as much as you want!

Thank you !!

I have alot of confidence in my new doc...he really connected the dots...I don't know if all the damage can be reversed...I have a follow-up with him in a couple of weeks to assess how I am feeling.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Wow, what an ordeal to get a proper diagnosis. I send you lots of good healing wishes, and lots of recovery from now until ski season too! Stay positive, and lots of hugs!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Warm hugs!

one of the problems when this disease advances is arthritis, usually in the knee, which I have developed full blown in the right one...and, it's been a setback for me physically.

I have started treatment for Lyme...and I am in PT 2x a week for the knee...working very hard to get in good enough shape to ski...A few of you are dealing with much bigger health issues than this, and I feel dumb to be complaining...but, I have to be able to ski and I am a bit concerned about it...asking for good energy!!
!

May you be "Ski Diva Bouncing" by ski season! Eek! skimouse

Tvan

Angel Diva
Lyme disease can be devastating. I'm glad you have a diagnosis and a course of treatment. Sending good healing vibes you way!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's so good you got the diagnosis. Yes, Lyme disease can wreak havoc on your body, but it can be hard to detect. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm so glad you got the diagnosis at last! +1 for the comments on its seriousness - many people take the antibiotics and get along just fine, but others have complications. Sounds like you may have a Lyme expert consulting, which is great, but if you don't, get one. So much is misunderstood by the medical profession.

Sending healing thoughts to you - it's an ordeal you are facing, no doubt, but a good diagnosis and a knowledgeable doc will go a long, long way. Hugs!

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear. Are you willing to share treatment recommendations? I have a good friend who has been struggling for years and would appreciate your perspective.

Jilly

Staff member
Hope you're on your way to better health. We're just getting to Lyme disease in our area. I will definitely heed this as a warning!!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ditto all the above responses!! So glad you finally found the Right Dr!! Healing vibes sent from me and here's to lots of "Pow" for you this winter!!

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear. Are you willing to share treatment recommendations? I have a good friend who has been struggling for years and would appreciate your perspective.

Thank you all so much for your wonderfully supportive comments...It must have worked because I crushed it in PT today!

My treatment is really simple...5000 mg of penicillin daily for 30 days.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Glad you got a solid diagnosis. That can be very tricky from what I know about Lyme.

A good start for learning about the possible long term complications is the People's Pharmacy. They started doing shows about Lyme a while back. The most recent show is #1081 from June 2017. The write up for the show includes references to the books written by the two guest MDs, who both had to deal with very serious symptoms years after being infected.

Show 1081: What Do You Need To Know About Lyme Disease?

From 2013:
Why Does the Medical Establishment Get Defensive About Chronic Lyme Disease?

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you all so much for your wonderfully supportive comments...It must have worked because I crushed it in PT today!

My treatment is really simple...5000 mg of penicillin daily for 30 days.

Correction....2000 mg daily

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad you got a solid diagnosis. That can be very tricky from what I know about Lyme.

A good start for learning about the possible long term complications is the People's Pharmacy. They started doing shows about Lyme a while back. The most recent show is #1081 from June 2017. The write up for the show includes references to the books written by the two guest MDs, who both had to deal with very serious symptoms years after being infected.

Show 1081: What Do You Need To Know About Lyme Disease?

From 2013:
Why Does the Medical Establishment Get Defensive About Chronic Lyme Disease?

Thank you for this...I look forward to watching these..my own neurologist had struggled with Lyme.

newboots

Angel Diva
Wonderful that your neurologist knows about this firsthand! Wonderful for you; not for him so much.

I had an extra-long course of antibiotics with a MRSA infection after surgery. My advice: Eat yogurt or take probiotics. Start now, before your gut starts to react.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna