• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your most embarrassing ski moment

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This one probably only feels most embarrassing because it was so recent, but at the Your Turn Women's Clinic this January, somewhere halfway through the first morning, I got to chit-chatting with my seatmates and totally fell getting off the lift. Just didn't get my butt up enough and slide right down the snow ramp on my arse. I hasn't fallen getting off a lift in YEARS and I was already clearly the weakest skier at the clinic so this was a BLOW to my confidence. Ugh!!!
Aw, happens to all of us!

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great to read these, thanks, ladies. I have some embarrassing moments for sure. This past summer we were having the trip of a lifetime skiing in Farellones, Chile, and I had quite an adventure on one of the steeper T bars. It went so high and for so long, and I slid off in slow motion, with enough time to grab the t bar with my arms and hold on for literally dear life. I was crying, gritting my teeth, and wondering how health insurance would work and how many hours it would take to get back down the Andes mountain roads to a hospital. Somehow, my muscles burning, I made it to the top. My husband was there, cracking up, and took this photo to embarrass me forever. View attachment 20698
That was me last week at the TBar at Breckenridge. It happened at the very bottom and I thought it would be a quick little ride , WRONG!!!!!! My arms were dead, but I survived! I WISH i had photo evidence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna