• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your favourite ski goggles and why...Go!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
the nose squooshing is really something I didn’t realize. I honestly felt like I was suffocating all last year, and just assumed it was my anxiety. Having goggles that actually fit my face has been a GAME CHANGER this year.
(To be fair, I also have new boots that fit and appropriately sized skis…it was quite the step function in terms of functionality)

Peppermint

Angel Diva
@Peppermint I have been seeing a lot of Glade goggles this season; checked them out online, but am concerned over the fit with my helmet (Smith Variance with a brim), since my Smith goggles are a perfect fit. However, the Glades are 1/2 the price of a new pair of Smiths ..so, definitely tempting & I do love supporting a small company! Glad to hear about the no-fogging, as that is another concern.
I just purchased the Smith Vantage helmet and the Glade goggles fit perfectly. You can always order a pair and try them on with your helmet and see if you like them and if not, just return them. I love supporting small companies as long as their product works well, which I definitely think Glades do. When I was looking at goggles, I narrowed it down to the Glade Magflight as well as Giro Contact. The first run with the Giro, the lenses fogged up so much that I had to ski half way down with them up on my helmet because I couldn't see. Next run, the Glade worked perfectly with no fogging issues. I honestly think they are high quality goggles on their own, but the price just makes them even better.

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just purchased the Smith Vantage helmet and the Glade goggles fit perfectly. You can always order a pair and try them on with your helmet and see if you like them and if not, just return them. I love supporting small companies as long as their product works well, which I definitely think Glades do. When I was looking at goggles, I narrowed it down to the Glade Magflight as well as Giro Contact. The first run with the Giro, the lenses fogged up so much that I had to ski half way down with them up on my helmet because I couldn't see. Next run, the Glade worked perfectly with no fogging issues. I honestly think they are high quality goggles on their own, but the price just makes them even better.
Thank you so much &

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Previously had the Scott LCG compact and now the Dragon X2S - switched mainly because I couldn't find a proper low-light lens for the LCG compact without paying crazy amounts of shipping. I'm thinking about getting the photochromic yellow lens, but not sure if the higher UV in NZ will mean the lens is too dark for me on overcast days.

Ski_AnnA

Diva in Training
My old Smith I/O S just died yesterday. I've had them for 11 years. Foam literally started coming appart and the lens started fogging right away. I'm a bit sad to let them go as I really loved them. I think the two lenses sold it for me back then, and I would be hesitant to buy a new pair that does not have this feature.

However, a friend told me about the photochromic on the Julbo goggles. Anyone has them? I'm also curious to know if you ever heard of the Zeiss goggles? I'm a huge fan of zeiss lenses in regular glasses so I'm naturally wondering about their ski goggles.

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My old Smith I/O S just died yesterday. I've had them for 11 years. Foam literally started coming appart and the lens started fogging right away. I'm a bit sad to let them go as I really loved them. I think the two lenses sold it for me back then, and I would be hesitant to buy a new pair that does not have this feature.

However, a friend told me about the photochromic on the Julbo goggles. Anyone has them? I'm also curious to know if you ever heard of the Zeiss goggles? I'm a huge fan of zeiss lenses in regular glasses so I'm naturally wondering about their ski goggles.
If you loved the Smith I/O S, I'd recommend upgrading to the Mag version, especially if you can find them on sale at the end of the season. I've mostly seen them sold with the two lenses and you can also get additional photochromic lenses (I don't think I've seen them sold with any of those out of the box).

Louisianagirl

Certified Ski Diva
I see that this post is older, but I'm new here and have some input....I'm a huge fan of Wildhorn Roca's. They are a small Utah company and recently started using Amazon to expedite their shipping. There's are an endless number of goggle and band selections and the lenses are magnetic making them extremely easy to change while on the lift between runs. There are a variety of VLT levels and finishes. I'm particularly fond of any of the reflective finishes (but it's really a matter of taste). They even have a lease that's plan dark gray, like sunglasses. I'm wearing the ice blue Roca in my profile pic. The other thing I love....the price! Fantastic quality under $100!!!!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my Smith IO Mags but sheesh the price now over here is astronomical ! I've always been a Smith gal but find the bands always end up overstretched although that could be me as I like a really tight fit. We have a couple of NZ indy brands over here now with the mag technology so I might look into those when I need to replace the Smiths ..... save a few $$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing