• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

your backcountry ski of choice?

pvilian

Diva in Training
hi everyone!

I'm investing in my first touring setup and was curious about the skis y'all ladies picked and why. I've got this year's Roxa R3 130 TI IR (fitted at Larry's in Boulder! hooray) and last year's Marker Kingpins. I want my setup to really be focused on backcountry in Tahoe with the ability to do resort just a lil bit, in case I decide to go in the trees/off piste.

Currently, I'm considering
  • 2020 Blizzard Sheeva 10 (164cm) - heard great things
  • 2020 Line Pandora 104 (165cm)
  • 2020 Nordica Santa Ana 100 (161cm)
I'm 5'4.5" and 135 pounds. I ski moderate to aggressive and will do single day tours. The skis I've listed seem to be pretty solid for handling powder, crud, and variability in the snow which is why I like 'em. Not to mention their topsheets are very pretty :thumbsup:

What skis have y'all chosen and why? let's share!

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I'm going to use Volkl Blaze 94s with Fritschi Freeride bindings. They're light and a width I don't have in my quiver. I had been on a K2 Gotback for a few years but never really loved the tip rocker, which seemed extreme.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I have a pair of 2016 Nordica Santa Anas with Marker Kingpins. I chose them because I had regular alpine bindings on them first, found that they ski well just about everywhere, they're relatively lightweight and I was super comfortable on them. I bought a newer pair of Santa Ana 100s when they added the two sheets of Titanal for my resort skis, and converted the old lighter ones to my touring setup.

I'll throw in a couple comments that you may want to entertain based on your considerations mentioned. If you're planning on doing full day tours, and want this ski to truly be "backcountry focused" I would consider something lighter than the Santa Ana 100. Both the Sheeva and Pandora hit this mark, but personally, I wouldn't go any heavier.

Second comment is about size. If you're currently skiing in the low/mid 160's and comfortable on them, disregard this comment. But based on your stats, I would consider going up to the mid/high 160's in length. The extra length will give you a bit more stability, especially if you're pushing them around with a 130 flex boot. It'll also provide extra float for deeper days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna