• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Yay - new boots!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
So excited for winter to come! Last season, I was having to really ratchet down my buckles by the end of the day to get a snug fit and felt like I was over flexing my boots to drive my skis when conditions started to get bumped up. I was just getting so worn out. I knew I was going to need to replace my Salomon Xpro 80s this season. I’m a much stronger and better skier than when I purchased these (my first non rental boots) back in 2016 and knew I needed stiffer more form fitting boots.
I swung into ProFit Ski in Leesburg VA to see what they had for their Labor Day sale. I didn’t have high hopes for finding something on sale in a size 27.5. Found out I have long feet that are slightly wide with a narrow ankle and small instep. :thumbsup: That coupled with my height, weight, and long lower leg length meant we went straight to the men’s low volume boots. 2+ hours later, I walked out with these bright beauties - 2019 Lange RX 120 LVs! :yahoo:Brian Deely is amazing with non-average feet and getting that perfect fit for customers. It looked like a tornado went thru the shop with all the boxes Brian pulled out to find that as-close-to-perfect-as-one-can-get boot. He added in some heel lifts which helped suck my heel into the pocket and punched out a little room in the forefoot area so my pinky toes weren’t getting smashed. Still expecting a little more work once I’ve had a chance to wear them around the house for a bit. I’ll likely need some tongue shims to tighten up the front of the ankle after they break in. It just feels so good to have a pair that hugs my heel and ankle area and are a lot easier to get on and off! I am hoping to get some time on the indoor ski ramp to dial in fit before we hit real snow.
I’m just so excited to see how much more control I have with these when I’m going hard and how different my skis are going to feel! Just hoping my feet don’t get too cold with the non-plush interior and tighter fit. I’m sure the Boot Gloves will be used a bit more this season. :ski2:

F20613CD-822C-42B3-A478-7DDAA0C6F338.jpeg

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Well, it’s been fun slowly breaking in the boots around the house. It was fun to compare the fit between my older pair and these, which made me even more exciting to get out on the slopes. I had to go thru my pile of socks to find my thinnest ones since these are a narrower last and a performance fit. Managed to find two thin socks in the pile, so I put in an order for some more Smartwool ultralight and light socks (yay new gear!). The liners seem to be molding to my feet a bit better now and the thinner socks don’t have me wanting to rip my boots off my feet after 10 minutes due to discomfort. They are a snug comfortable for now with the buckles loose. :-D

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Those new boots are stunning! Congratulations.
Stunning is a good way to describe the neon orange color. :laughter: Go UVA! Just glad my skis are not girly pastel colors. Otherwise, might have to get new skis...not that that would be bad. Well, maybe for the wallet. :ski:

newboots

Angel Diva
Those Langes are great. My beloved, Mr. Blizzard, swears by his Langes.

The new boobs probably belong in a different part of the forum!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I love new boots!!! BTW...when I first glanced at this thread topic I thought it said New Boobs.:doh:

Hahaha. Yeah, definitely not new boobs. I’m already plenty top heavy.

Skidreamer

Certified Ski Diva
They sound brilliant. My hubby had trouble last year with a new pair he'd bought, Nordicas I think. He went to another place and they fitted him to some Langes. Never looked back, he's a very happy man. Sounds like there's a pattern here with Langes for some hard to fit peoples...

Jenny

Angel Diva
Well, welcome us to the new boots club! DH and I went to Sun and Snow in Ann Arbor today and walked out having ordered new boots. We go back in two weeks to try them on and confirm they’re the right ones for us, get them heat molded, and get the bindings mounted on my new skis.

I tried on the Roxa R3W 85 flex but he's ordering the 95 flex so I can see what that's like. A little worried they might be too much, but I can always back down to the 85. He's going to do a little canting work, too, especially on the left one, which is the one I’ve always wondered if it needed something.

DH is getting the Roxa Element 110. He's got small feet and they didn’t have his size in the store, so he tried on the women's and then we're going from there. He wanted the Intuition wrap liner, too, which wasn’t in the ones in the store. So between those two things, he's got his fingers crossed that it will work out. But Rob (the owner) is confident they'll be fine, and he seems to know his stuff.

Think I’m going to get boot heaters, too, as an early Christmas present.

@ski diva - Rob knew about this blog/forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly