• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Would you wear this?

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Ok - that down ball gown from barney's is ridiculous. BUT doesn't it look SO warm? I mean, if someone gave it to me, I would definitely take it. And I would wear it lots...at home!

@alison wong - no, it is definitely not too childsh. I always scope out the kids' helmets at the hill!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Someone is being paid to design these?!!! And someone is buying them?? I will LMAO if I ever see them in person.

They look like giant larvae coats.. yes, I said it now I can't unsee it.. LOL sorry ladies.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is it too "childish" for an adult to wear ski helmet cover?

View attachment 9561

I've looked at helmet covers longingly. Men can wear them - dreadlocks, mohawks, spikes, viking horns, women's long hair if paired with a grass skirt and a halter top (in spring). The first ones make them look "cool" or dangerous. The last one is a joke because the men wearing that "drag" don't take it seriously and think it's a hoot. I suspect most men wouldn't wear the one you've posted because it looks childish and most men don't want to look like a child. Your question sounds like you don't want to look like a child either.

So which ones do woman typically wear? Dreadlocks? Mohawks? Spikes? Viking horns? nope. Not the wig with a grass skirt either. I can't remember a woman wearing a helmet cover. Maybe someone else has seen these and can give better advice. I may have seen a woman in viking horns once.

There aren't many options for women skiers to take on fun role-playing on snow, whether supplemented by the helmet cover or by costumes. Now that would be a great thread. I'll start one.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Your question sounds like you don't want to look like a child either.
Correct, I don't.
First time I saw a young woman wearing helmet cover was in K'ton. Maybe she's in her 20's (?), wearing a panda helmet cover. I thought it looked cute and I have been looking at helmet cover on and off couple years now.
Your observation is correct, most guys or kids wear these, I don't see many women wearing helmet covers.
Just my observation, it seems there are more people on the east coast wearing these than west coast. Not sure why.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I don't think I've ever seen anyone over about age 8 wearing one......but we also don't cover our helmets/skis with stickers...... never even thought about it. Nothing wrong with it - kind of cool to have all the places you've been to.
I used to collect refrigerator magnets and turtlenecks with the name of the ski resort on the neck back when you could find them. So I get it.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't think I've ever seen anyone over about age 8 wearing one......but we also don't cover our helmets/skis with stickers...... never even thought about it. Nothing wrong with it - kind of cool to have all the places you've been to.
I used to collect refrigerator magnets and turtlenecks with the name of the ski resort on the neck back when you could find them. So I get it.
@nopoleskier has stickers on her helmet, I have some too.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@nopoleskier has stickers on her helmet, I have some too.

Me, too... they say “The Ski Diva”!

I don’t have a helmet cover, but I can imagine that part of the reason people wear them is for warmth. I secretly covet the plush Snow Leopard helmet cover, but I don’t envision actually getting one and wearing it, except maybe for March Madness at Mohawk... or something like that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna